Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: First saber build stage1 complete! Check it out

Looks great I love it!!! Both the first and second

The way you wired this is almost exactly how I plan on wiring mine, and you used all those JST connectors like I was hoping I would be able to do. Did you have issues fitting it all inside the hilt of the saber?

I tried to make the wire sections as short as possible, I even went back and shortened some. I got new short AV switches instead of the Long AV switches, and they fit much better. Be sure to keep the shrink tubing to a minimum length when wiring up the switches, wires don't bend as well with the shrink tubing. I would also recommend cleaning your MHS threads and using a little thread lube, you don't want to twist the wires when screwing everything together. I again used nail polish to identify which JST connectors went together. When you insert the chassis, all you see is a bunch of red connectors, and you have to know which ones go to switch/LED/etc.

Nice! If you want to align the switch/emitter better just sand the choke male end so it will turn in deeper. It takes some patience but should do the trick. It doesn't take much sanding to shift it just be care to keep your threads clean.

Thanks for the suggestion, I am a little confused though. If i sand the bottom of the choke, it would still stop at the same point unless I sand down the edge where the out-most diameter starts? (if that makes sense)

You may have to sand both the base of the emitter and the outside diameter of the choke to get the your proper alignment. I usually start with the base of the emitter first, then if necessary, the part it is threaded into, whether it is a choke or an extension.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

I like this thread. The light sabers looks awesome and I have some quoestions for you: Why did you have two buttons? For enabling several colors?

The Petit Crouton sound board uses two buttons. One for turning the saber on/off, and another for auxilliary functions. Read through the PC manual, located on this page: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Pe...e-V3-P893.aspx for more information about that sound board.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

infinitely farther ahead than the amalgamation I currently have to call a build lmao. Very good job!

Thank you!

I originally intended to put in the petit crouton...and so I planned to have two buttons. Having switched to just the Nano Biscotte, I do not need the other button and it serves no other purpose than looks. I would have used a more simplistic switch box, if I had originally planned on using the NB.