Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Question regarding recharge ports...

Hmm, guess I might try Jay-Gon's PVC clip trick. If not, I may just do what I did with the Aux switch; drill the hole just big enough for a snug slip-in fit and then hot glue it in place. Creates a good hold and doesn't let it go anywhere, yet can still be removed in the future if need be. Thanks for the help guys!
    H - "Your shelter is secure, is it?"
    M - "Of course it is! See for yourself just how powerless you are!"
    H - "Roger that."
    M - O_O

Here's a couple of pics of the recharge port on my CS-X saber:

Test fitting the recharge port...this particular saber also has a mini momentary switch mounted in the same clip as the recharge port.

The port from outside:

I soldered the wires to the port after installing it in the c-clip, making sure the wires were long enough to allow the clip to fit in the female threads on the ribbed extension so it could be screwed into the bottom of the hilt without twisting the wires. At the time I did this though, i had used mini battery connectors on the recharge port to allow it to be unplugged, but have since removed them due to the amount of space they took up in the hilt.

This particular saber is in pieces on my bench at the moment, getting an upgrade to a PC 2.0 and a tri-rebel set up. I can take more pictures of the set up if you need them.

I have also used this method of mounting a recharge port on several other sabers, and the most recent one also had a R.I.C.E. port mounted in the same clip:
    Last edited by Jay-gon Jinn; 07-27-2012 at 11:14 PM.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

This is very helpful Jay-gon, exactly what I've been looking for... I'll look further into this c-clip method
    Clicky Sig =>