Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Making your own kill key?

Default Making your own kill key?

Tried doing some searching, but didn't come up with much. I plan on using a kill key with my saber's recharge port, however I am not a huge fan of the Kill Key plugs that the store offers. I'd really like the kind that are offered on the Plecter Labs site, but $16 for a small thing like that plus international shipping kinda makes me shy from it. Any tips on possibly making a kill key from scratch, like what materials to use and such?
    H - "Your shelter is secure, is it?"
    M - "Of course it is! See for yourself just how powerless you are!"
    H - "Roger that."
    M - O_O

Custom valve stem caps for cars, trucks or bikes.....they're everywhere.....you'll just need to add the nylon insert.
    There's a difference between knowing the path.....and walking the path.

I used a top of a bic pen and a D20 dice
    Yub Yub Commander.

i have ordered a kill key from tcss and plan on pulling it apart and make my own outer casing for it... should be fun but i propably should have ordered two just in case

I have used these http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/21...plug-P253.aspx before to make kill keys with dice, skulls, and what not ......and have had no problems

Has anyone tried using 3/16inch Nylon spacers from like Ace Hardware? They're about the same size as the spacers TCSS sells for covering Chassis rods. Thought about picking up a few to try, just wondering if anyone else has.
    H - "Your shelter is secure, is it?"
    M - "Of course it is! See for yourself just how powerless you are!"
    H - "Roger that."
    M - O_O

I think 3/16 is too small I've use 1/4 but had to turn it down
    A Star Wars nerd? I've never heard of such a thing!

I have tried 3/16 spacers, they don't work, they are slightly too small and thus won't kill the circuit. I have seen a suggestion by another member who said that putting heat shrink on the the spacer will make them fit, but I have not got around to testing that myself.

Quote Originally Posted by jin starkiller View Post
    I have used these http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/21...plug-P253.aspx before to make kill keys with dice, skulls, and what not ......and have had no problems
    These would (IMHO) be the cheapest, strongest option you will find, along with the car tyre valves mentioned earlier also give you incredible choice , usually made of aluminium as well.

Get these

http://www.amazon.com/Paper-Mate-Med.../dp/B00006IE5K

Grab the tip with some pliers and pull it out. Clean out the ink, cut off the larger diameter and glue it to various valve stems. Cheapest one's I've seen that look like something other than a kill key.