Thread: First Completed MHS Saber - Stark Industries Repulsor Blade Mark I

Default First Completed MHS Saber - Stark Industries Repulsor Blade Mark I

This is my very first completed MHS saber. My personal saber is still in the works due to design fluctuation but I had a very clear vision of this one. It turned out exactly as I'd envisioned. I really feel like if Iron Man whipped out a saber, this is what it would look like. Now if only I could find/create an Iron Man sound font, I'd have a good excuse to put a PC in this thing!

This saber is for my four year old son, Keegan. Obviously he is a huge Iron Man fan, along with the rest of the Avengers and most other comic book heroes. Not the biggest Star Wars or Trek fan, but he's coming around. He absolutely loves to go in the yard in the evening and bash sabers around with Daddy.

Thanks to everyone who answered my many questions during this initial build. Also a special thanks to Master Valon who provided a good majority of the MHS parts along with a new Iron Man action figure for my son!

I present to you the...

Stark Industries
    Repulsor Blade
    Mark I

"Powered by a miniaturized Arc Reactor, the Repulsor Blade Mark I is the newest in Stark Tech close combat weaponry!"

All MHS parts, of course
    Mace Windu MR FX Soundboard
    Blue Luxeon Rebel (I think I would've personally gone with white for this but he wanted blue, so blue he gets)
    7.4 Li-Ion 800 mAh 14500 pack
    "Gold" is powder coat, Brilliant Brass. Red is custom paint by yours truly (thanks Mom for that brand new toaster oven sitting in my garage for two years!)
    Chassis is made from red M&M's Minis tube and fixed to saber by switch nut.
    "Arc Reactor" is craft wire around the insert struts, backlit by two white LEDs. They are powered directly from the battery and are always on. I simply unplug the battery for full power off and to charge. I intend to put in a recharge port with kill key, once I figure out where! This was some serious cram-fu as it was, for me at least...

Last edited by TrypWyr; 07-24-2012 at 10:28 PM.

Youngling
    Youngling
    Blog Entries

now thats a saber... you need the iron man helm now........

well done! It definitely looks like something Tony Stark would have.
    Yub Yub Commander.

Looks great, love the little arc reactor in the pommel. Mmmmm M&M's minis, anytime you can combine saber building and eating chocolate is a good time I always say. Definitely needs an Ironman sound font, dont think I've seen one yet, kinda surprising actually. That would be awesome, and I think this would be a perfect candidate for the Nano Biscotte.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Cool! Loves me some Iron Man! Good stuff, Trypwyr. I like the way you use parts.

Iron Man font: http://youtu.be/y5Hzams9Pwk

If you like it, sent me a PM with your email address.

Nice saber I like how the colors go together!
    "If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal."

I like it, though the button seems out of place with the silver. I think it'd look better with a red guarded switch. Personal preference (OCD). Still cool though.

Force Aware
    Force Aware
    Force Aware

Sick looks like candy paint. I love the iron man theme. I have just been inspired to do a hulk Model lol