Thread: Asajj Ventress FX conversion - possible?

Default Asajj Ventress FX conversion - possible?

Has anyone been able to go inside one of these and take a look at it or convert it? I've looked at mine a little bit and taken out two screws, but that was all I could do. The leathery covering that forms the black bands on the hilt is anchored into the frame so I cant do much to that. When taking out the battery pack I can see the heads of two screws inside the saber that I cant reach, and they appear to be holding the two halves (top and bottom) of the saber together. I think that if I took off the leather like covering I might be able to get to some of the other screws, but I cant figure how to get to the internal ones at all without drilling through the frame and then covering the hole with the covering when I reassemble. From what I can see, the piece where the blade comes in, the emitter, is a solid rectangle maybe 2 inches long. Theres a black grill on the bottom of it that appears to be held on by two standard hex screws, but when I tried to unscrew them nothing happened.

The rest of the saber is split into a top half and a bottom half divided by the straight metal bar that travels the length of the striped part of the saber.

Hope this bit of info is useful to anyone considering a conversion. As for me, it doesnt look like its possible.
    Currently studying forms 2, 3 and 5
    Working on an Ahsoka Tano custom built, and a Kit Fisto Removeable blade
    Just completed my Arctic Blue Anakin conversion!

Yes this saber is a nightmare to take apart or convert. It has been done once or twice but takes alot of modification, and it can go very wrong taking it apart.

So you need to decide if it's worth it. You have to drill out the circle plug in the middle of the hilt, etc to get it open among many other screws removed and things pryed apart. I would not recommend it.

I asked my wife if i could get a $5,000 lathe and she said "...no, but thanks for asking." : D

Yeah as valuable as they are I dont think I'll be trying that. I'll just sell em on ebay
    Currently studying forms 2, 3 and 5
    Working on an Ahsoka Tano custom built, and a Kit Fisto Removeable blade
    Just completed my Arctic Blue Anakin conversion!