Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My first LED saber (Conversion from an unlit stunt saber)

Default My first LED saber (Conversion from an unlit stunt saber)

Greetings fellow Sith Lords,and jedis too,
    This is my first LED saber.I'm converting it from an old non electronic stunt saber in my collection.
    I bought this hilt years ago at Origins Gaming Con in Columbus OH from a guy called Jedi Tim/Creative force.com
    I don't know if he's in business any more but he had some nice custom hilts at the time.
    The blade holder is sized for 3/4" blades so I'll be drilling it out to 1" to start.
    I picked up a new switch box and rechargable battery set up with in hilt recharge from here at TCSS,plus a Neutrino soundboard I got a while ago,and an LED module from Ultrasabers
    The blade is a Trans white from TCSS with polyfilm core wraps.Thanks to JayGonJinn for the tutorial on that.
    Some pics of where I'm starting at.
    PICT0018.jpgPICT0035.jpgPICT0037.jpgPICT0038.jpgPICT0043.jpg
    Sith Happens

Old Switch box and new switch boxPICT0046.jpgPICT0044.jpg
    Soldering begins tomorrow.
    Going to bed now.
    Sith Happens

Nice looking saber!
    I'd have kept that old box and mod it tho, looks nice as it is
    But I'm sure it will look good with that new box too!
    Clicky Sig =>

Jedi Padawan
    Jedi Padawan

Taht'll be a good looking saber when you're done. Are you thiking of some powder coat on the choke & emitter? I think some Tuscan Black would go well with the grip, my .02 creds worth.

Knowledge must be balanced by Practice.
    Practice must be balanced by Experience.
    Through Knowledge, Practice, and Experience
    we gain Wisdom.

-Boj-Vaati Mau
    Jedi Sentinel, Jar'Kai practitioner,
    and Instctor at Strafe Plains Temple

Saber Guild: Strafe Plains Temple
    The Rebel Legion

The wiring harness is mostly done and it WORKS!
    I still need to wire in the accent LEDs but I tested them off the battery and they light up OK.
    So far so good.After I connect the Accent LEDs I'll start cramfuing "cool term" the hilt.PICT0035 (2).jpgPICT0037 (2).jpg
    Sith Happens

The premium speaker is loud too.
    Sith Happens

I Finally got a little bit more done.I bought a 1 inch drill bit and some stepped drill bits to open up the blade holder and pommel sound holes.The blade holder was 3/4" for solid stunt blades,and the pommel was solid.I may put more holes in the pommel depending on how loud it is.
    PICT0055.jpgPICT0053.jpgPICT0043 (3).jpgPICT0051.jpgPICT0052.jpg
    Sith Happens

I need to open up the LED hole a little bigger to fit my LED unit .It's an aluminum 1" LED unit from U S in artic blue.
    Here I'm just holding it together to check the color.PICT0034 (3).jpgPICT0036 (2).jpg
    The sound seems loud enough too.
    My wiring harness is too bulky.I used quick connectors for everything and now there is too much stuff to cramfu in.
    I'll cut it down and just solder everything but the main LED so I can do color changes more easily.
    Pics below.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Darth Obi Don; 03-11-2013 at 08:19 PM.
    Sith Happens

I'll probably do some black between the emitter vanes,but I'll just paint and bake.Maybe some O rings too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boj-Vaati Mau View Post
    Taht'll be a good looking saber when you're done. Are you thiking of some powder coat on the choke & emitter? I think some Tuscan Black would go well with the grip, my .02 creds worth.
    Sith Happens

I have a saber hilt from Creative Force as well! It has the same emitter as yours actually, but the rest is different. Can't say I've ever seen anyone else who had one. My Dad got me mine when I was about 12 or 13, I am now 24 so it really has been a while. Hilt looks great with the work you've done on it!
    H - "Your shelter is secure, is it?"
    M - "Of course it is! See for yourself just how powerless you are!"
    H - "Roger that."
    M - O_O