Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: sound led vibration + flash

Youngling
    Youngling
    Blog Entries

good news, i have some results.... bad news my batterys are dying.. lols.

with just a regular feed with low batteries, i noticed the led flicker with the sound. i can get both pnp's working but they are not the right ones so having issues with that.. i think they are npn's. so im waiting until i can get some 42's for a better test, goin to do some perf-boarding to see what i can get running....

There are add on boards that can accomplish this effect for you. A forum search may reveal more, or email me.

/mysterious

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

mrknify trust me when i tell you, in order to achieve Flash on Clash, you need to run a multi-die LED (like the ledengine available here at the store).
    and yes, running the input from the sound will give you a slight flicker to your blade. this has been established. (its how i wired my obi econo last year, and i rather like the result!)
    but again, i tell you, even if you figure out how to send voltage signal to FLASH the second die on your MULTI die LED, its not going to really FLASH. its just going to do the same thing the hasbro board does in the saber when you first take it out of the package. "ON - OFF - ON- OFF - ON"
    you could seriously do better with a Power EXtender (also available here at the store) triggered by an additional clash sensor.
    NOMING YOUR POWER CABLES SINCE 2007

MHS #1 "Coppertop" CFX Neopixel
    MR 616 "Joe Jedi"
    LDM converted Korbanth LS6 (Hero with PC 1.6 and FOC)
    Vintage graflex ANH - probably staying static
    Disney Savi Saber Peace and Justice (experience was worth it)

Youngling
    Youngling
    Blog Entries

awesome, i have seen the power xtender, my next led i am getting will have multi die's, i'm just strapped right now... i understand about it being just on/off... but due to my budget i am using some old and recycled components right now and i may be stuck with them for the build, payday is tomorrow i hope to be able to get some much needed components but we will see.

thank you very much for the info, i did pay attention

just going unbelieviably slow right now.