Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: sound led vibration + flash

i think i know what you're trying to do. ever seen the "flash" effect of the econo boards? its uh... well its kinda sad. its not going to look much different even running pnp and fancy LED. still just going to go *on... off... on... off*
    you'd be better off rigging the LED to an aux button so you can flash it yourself. oh! you could wire another clash sensor between the battery and pnp. that might actually work decently.

anyone try using a PEX with hasbro econo? lol mrknify just might be on to something here... maybe?
    NOMING YOUR POWER CABLES SINCE 2007

MHS #1 "Coppertop" CFX Neopixel
    MR 616 "Joe Jedi"
    LDM converted Korbanth LS6 (Hero with PC 1.6 and FOC)
    Vintage graflex ANH - probably staying static
    Disney Savi Saber Peace and Justice (experience was worth it)

I actually have a dissected obi econo on the bench waiting to get rewired for my next build, I may have to do some breadboard experiments with some of these ideas.

i have a "possibly blown" obi that i might use if this goes anywhere... ; )
    of course, that's only if its not blown. sound output mysteriously dropped to about 20% of normal output, but the blade is still just as bright (running off speaker output)

anyway, im curious to see where this leads! also makes me curious if PEX/clash sensor could work on MR and Nano Biscotti... heck just about any board to make a cheap Flash on Clash saber!

MR 616 "Joe Jedi"

Youngling
    Youngling
    Blog Entries

im going to experimemt with som older pnp, and regular leds.... i know this will work it just depends on the mix. At this time i've got both circuit images, i'm parralleing them, kinda like a ac/dc transformer works with diodes, but using the pnp and resisters.....

Youngling
    Youngling
    Blog Entries

ok i've done some re-modeling of some images from here..... will be testing these out.. hope it works.

crazy_sound_led_idea.jpgpnp_schetch.jpg
    now I may need to bridge a capaciter somewhere in there, still working out the details.
    i'm also thinking the speaker pnp will work better as a npn, connected to the pnp for control that way.

NOTE;
    ok forgot about the double image of the battery, this setup will only work with 6 v, 7.4 etc...
    (will not work with 3.7v)
    Last edited by mrknify; 07-25-2012 at 08:29 PM. Reason: note. (image added correct position of pnp's)

first i dont know if you know or not, but you need a milti-die LED for FoC. moving on from that, i still odnt see what will actually TRIGGER the FoC? you have one PNP running off the sound, and one running off the LED (or... both to some degree???) the negative side of the LED output from the econo board should not even be used at all, AFAIK.
    so pretty much its just going to power both dies on the main LED constantly. but wired to the board, it will shut OFF one die for a flicker, but that would be like a "DIM on clash" not "FLASH on clash".

can anyone give me a sanity check on this? agree? disagree? banana?

MR 616 "Joe Jedi"

Banana. I agree, that diagram is like a rats nest and not the right approach to achieve the desired result.

Youngling
    Youngling
    Blog Entries

its just how i figured it may work, I'm stuck right now, cannot work on it as i need got get a new multi meter... I do have some ideas on how to do the circuit but until I get another multimeter, I do not want to procedd.

I think Jedi Mynock is on the right track with using the PEX, I doubt you can get an usable FOC effect without it. And a multi die LED is a must.

Youngling
    Youngling
    Blog Entries

I'm going to be putting the sound as primary, followed by the flash on clash as the secondary.

it will work, but not sure if it will work the way I want it on one die.
    pnp_schetch.jpg