Quote Originally Posted by brett View Post
I feel for you mate. Very frustrating. The only consolation i could offer is at least you CAN buy a new part, not like it is a 70 year old, rare, Graflex, or some other part costing hundreds. Good luck on your next attempt.
That actually is something I already thought of and am thankful for, especially since I almost did a Graflex for my first build. Kinda glad I didn't since this is my first and therefore a learning build.

Quote Originally Posted by cardcollector View Post
I had a saber like that. A huge money pit where things kept going wrong. It happens to all of us at one point in time. Take a break, get some new parts and tools, and begin again.

As far as the tap breaking, if you aren't using oil with your tap, you might want to do that. I don't use it with smaller taps like 4-40 or 6-32... but with 8-32+ it is a must I have found for reliable and clean threads.
I wish I could have seen the look on my own face when after I read this.... because it made me realize I forgot to use oil while threading this one..... now excuse me while I go hit my head on something a few times...