Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Recharge port with JST connectors

Default Recharge port with JST connectors

I could have sworn that I saw a thread on wiring up a saber using JST connectors on the recharge port with pictures and every thing. But now I just cant seem to find it. I have wired up recharge ports in the past, but I'm having trouble visualizing how it should work with the JSTs. If any one would happen to know were to find the post that has disappeared on me could you please link it? Or if I was hallucinating, could some one please throw up a quick diagram of how they should be wired, and what goes were? I have already read through the recharge port thread several times to see if there was something I was forgetting.

I know You have One prong that goes to the negative on the board; A Prong that goes to the Negative on the Battery Pack; And a prong that that gets split to go to the positives on the Battery pack and the board... So you would need to link the Battery Pack pos and neg on one GTS and the Board pos and Neg on the second GTS....

So would you just split the positive as normal and wire it to the appropriate JTS with it's negative, and then plug the GTSs from the recharge port into the power JTS on the board and the JTS on the Battery Pack?

Now that I've talked through it, that makes sense, but confirmation would be great. This would also still allow for the use of a kill key correct?

Ah... Never mind. I just psyched my self out because I had never used the JSTs on the port before. I just set down and did it, and it worked perfectly. Thanks anyway. =D

Just for the sake of anyone who finds this thread in the future seeking the answer to this question I present this diagram by SlothFurnace. Just imagine the big squares as the JST plugs and that's exactly how it should look. For MWS compatibility, the JST for the battery should be female, the JST for the sound board should be male.
    Last edited by DarkarNights; 07-19-2012 at 08:43 PM.

Awesome and very detailed!

Quote Originally Posted by 174fps View Post
    Awesome and very detailed!
    I'd have to agree. This is the second time I've seen this "simple" sketch, and I'm amazed each time. Even Sloth's sketches are works of art! Seriously, I'm just in awe of everything that he produces.

Anyhoo, off topic. Thanks for posting this again DarkarNights! I will be wiring ports up this weekend on two sabers, this will surely come in handy.

Even if I learned that part already, this one is to be bookmarked
    Thanks indeed for having posted it.
    Clicky Sig =>

Here's a photo of the port I wired with JST. This would be compatible with MWS components but I guess that was just coincidence.

The lightsaber hilt is capable of producing a blade of pure energy. The lightsaber hilt has proven to be completely safe. The saber blade however has not. Do not touch the operational end of the saber blade. Do not look directly at the operational end of the saber blade. Do not immerse the saber blade into your flesh, not even partially.

Was actually beating my head against the wall trying to contemplate how I would hook a recharge port up to my Pre-Wired NB board once I get it, but this has helped to point me in the right direction

Does this work the same way with a buckpuck? Or can the recharge port be wired with 2 connections to the buckpuck only?

Yes. This is the only way it works.

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.