Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ROTJ activation box designs

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Halcyon View Post
    yes i really need a working design for activation box one were the card actually depresses to activate the saber
    I've seen this done before using the rotj type boxes from TCSS, I'm not sure how exactly it was achieved. I think maybe the slot was widened so the card could move freely up and down with a spring loaded momentary under it holding it up, so pressing the card pressed down on the switch.

I'm planning the same thing, actually. I've got most of the bugs worked out, but am still tinkering with how to get the card to not slide out of the slots. I'm thinking just to jam something in there and epoxy it in place, honestly. I'm going for a sort of a switch chassis to put inside the box, so I can put the two mini-tac switches where I need them.

If you have a direct drive setup, you cannot use tactile momentary switches to power on the saber. You need to use either a push button or latching.

If it were me, just get a TCSS Box style 1, get a circuit card and attach the box and forego the switch in it. Just Get the pommel insert that allows the switch to be mounted on the bottom and use that for now until you can upgrade.

LED Saber Combat Master Instructor
    Co-Founder of Caine and Novastar's Saber Combat System (NCSCS)
    Life's short...saberplay HARD!