Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ROTJ activation box designs

Default ROTJ activation box designs

So i making a hero and ive got all the parts designed and such but i need help ewith the box and how to get the card to either be able to activate the button underneath or something else that works just as good. If anybody has done this before i would be grateful for a visual or a link to a helpful design.

Thanks,
    Luke

What kind of sound board are you using?

i cant afford a sound board yet so im just using a seoul p4 green and a buckpuck 100mA on a quad AA battery pack

in that case, just use a Master Replicas or Hasbro FX ROTJ Luke control box. you could probably still use it if you upgrade to sound with either a FX board or Nano Biscuit.
    NOMING YOUR POWER CABLES SINCE 2007

MHS #1 "Coppertop" CFX Neopixel
    MR 616 "Joe Jedi"
    LDM converted Korbanth LS6 (Hero with PC 1.6 and FOC)
    Vintage graflex ANH - probably staying static
    Disney Savi Saber Peace and Justice (experience was worth it)

I used to have a 4AA pack. 4AAA packs are way more space friendly. Just a suggestion mate.
    Honey, you've been looking for love in Alderaan places!

how would i secure the box to the 4inch female tube without it having holes for screws and if it is plastic it definitely wont work.

and were would i find one of the boxes without buying a intact hero hilt that i would have to scrap you know, just to get the one part

the FX luke ROTJ boxes arent plastic. where do you get them? the internet. its a vast world of things to be found. ; ) sure it might take a while for one to "turn up". my advice is to set aside some money for one. just incase one happens to "pop up".

worst case scenario: you could always make a TCSS box look pretty darn close to a luke ROTJ with some copper tape, screws, and circuit card.
    triangle LED's can be added too, if you're really good with a file.
    heck, you got me tempted to make one now, just to see if i can. : )
    NOMING YOUR POWER CABLES SINCE 2007

MHS #1 "Coppertop" CFX Neopixel
    MR 616 "Joe Jedi"
    LDM converted Korbanth LS6 (Hero with PC 1.6 and FOC)
    Vintage graflex ANH - probably staying static
    Disney Savi Saber Peace and Justice (experience was worth it)

This is a product available in the shop already, http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Clamps-Boxes-C57.aspx, besides his original question was not about where to acquire a ROTJ Luke style box, but he was asking how to make it so pushing the card activated the button.

yes i really need a working design for activation box one were the card actually depresses to activate the saber