Hey Everyone,

I have not read about this problem on the forum so thought I would share an issue I had this week with my PC 2.0 and its SD card holder. My setup utilizes a floating card, and after the weekend noticed the saber would cut out completly after a clash to the blade or hilt. I ripped apart the whole saber, only to find that the SD Card holder physically lifted from the board.

I'll attach a photo for review.photo.jpg

I noticed that with a finger pressed down on the holder, that everything worked fine, but was hesitant to try anything until I spoke to Tim. He referred me to the repair tech for warranty service. His suggestion was to use Gorilla Glue (The super glue and NOT the regular stuff!) to reattach the board.

So with a toothpick, I was able to put a small dab on each of the 4 joints on the board, and put some e-tape around the assembly overnight. I carefully took the tape off (being sure not to put any pressure on the joints) and low and behold...it held! This is the same method the tech Michael uses to repair the board for this issue and although he offered to fix it if I sent it to him, I am really happy I was able to do it here, and it really was not difficult. You just have to be careful not to get any into the reader itelf. By using a toothpick it made that job much easier.

I wanted to share this with everyone as Michael told me the most common way for this to happen, is for someone to secure the SD card holder portion of the board to the hilt. This could be to a battery pack as well. As soon as the holder is fixed to something (by glues/tapes etc), any shock or vibration puts stress on those 4 tiny joints. Those joints are not a through-hole connection, so it does not take much to sever them.

So be aware when mounting your cards, and hopefully you won't run into this problem.

Thanks, and happy building!

174fps