Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: An interesting question to ponder.

thats exactly right luke made his own crystal and becuase he did it just right you can make them yourself without it turning red.

"aaah... general kenobi.... you are a bold one."-general grievous

Ok, ok, fine he didnt use Qui-Gon's crystal. But, I bet if the prequels had been around when shadows was written, he would have.[8D]

"Action, excitement, a Jedi craves not these things."

There was a discussion about this on another forum that I belong to (don't remember which one, fx-sabers.com I think) where someone says that newer material, a book I believe, says that Luke did use the crystal from Qui-gon's lightsaber. Someone said that because it's newer that it's more correct than the Shadows of the Empire version. I kinda like the idea that Luke made his own crystal, but maybe that's because I liked SOTE and I haven't read this other book or comic, or whatever it is.
    So help me, if you make me sail a ship made of hobgoblin corpses across the ocean, I will find a way to make you pay. - Redcloak

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The making of his crystal is based on the fabled scenes that were scripted of him making it. Some propies say it happened, but the vast majority say it never happened.

The scene is however in the Radio drama which is considered far more canon than the books.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

I agree. It would help to drive home the common thread and a legacy or heritage that Luke was continuing.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob501
    Ok, ok, fine he didnt use Qui-Gon's crystal. But, I bet if the prequels had been around when shadows was written, he would have.[8D]

"Action, excitement, a Jedi craves not these things."
    There is no apathy; there is Compassion.
    There is no fear; there is Faith.
    There is no despair; there is Hope.
    There is no hate; there is Love.
    There is no death; there is Christ

the only saber Obi1 is seen to actually take and keep is Anakins.
    He then gives it to Luke much later.

He may have kept and used QUi-Gons for awhile after killing Maul (he lost his anyway) but in EPII he has a different one.....
    All things a beginning have.
    As all things do an ending.
    Be not too hasty from one to the other to move, or much will you miss, along the way.