Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: An interesting question to ponder.

Default An interesting question to ponder.

It is made known in the novel "Shadows of the Empire" that Luke constructed his new lightsaber with materials and instructions that he found in Obi-Wan's hovel on Tatooine. We also know that Obi-Wan kept his old master, Qui-Gon Jinn's lightsaber after his death on Naboo. It is presumed that Obi-Wan took Qui-Gon's lightsaber with him to Tatooine. (at least that is what I have read, some I think on the Lightsaber.com) My question that I pose to all of you is this..
    Do you guys think that Luke used the crystal from Qui-Gon's saber to make his own? They are both green, and we know luke didnt go searching for his own crystals. So I think its possible. Am I wrong, does anyone know for sure? What do you guys think?

"Action, excitement, a Jedi craves not these things."

Entirely possible!
    I would have guessed that Qui-gon's lightsaber was on a wall in Obiwans quarters at the Jedi temple... (do they have personal quarters?) And that it was destroyed in Palpatines purge.

But I like your take on it better.

I could also see Mace Windu's saber pop up someday - having been found by some kid outside the imperial palace.

MC

You want to go home and re-think your life

TheLightsaber.com (which unfortunately doesnt work anymore) Said that Obi-wan brought it to Tatooine, now where he got that info, I dont know.

I believe (if I remember correctly) that luke made his own crystal, because there was not any laying around

-edit
    Page 24 of the hardback edition on shadows:

"Accoring to that book, the best lightsabers used natural jewels, but there weren't a lot of the kind he needed lying around where he could find them on tatooine.......but he had to make his own focusing jewel. Ideally, the best lightsabers also had three of those, different densities and facets, for a fully adjustable blade, but for his first attempt at building the jedi waspon, luke wanted to keep it as simple as possible."

<center></center>

it says he "had to" as in "going to have to" but it never actually says he did...hmmm.

If you read further in the paperback version of it he actually makes the saber crystal in a small furnace.

'Your swords please, we wouldn't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor.' -Count Dooku

god dammit well there that goes. But technically if he made it in a furnace isnt it a synthetic crystal like the sith's? I thought you need darkside power to make a synth crystal, and that synth crystals were always red...hmmm

Sith crystals are red because they use the dark side of the force to channel all their hate into the crystal while it's being forged. This makes the crystal turn red.

http://www.ultrasabers.com
    Corbin|Strydur|Ultra
    The Holy Luxeon Trinity

I just did not feel like typeing out the whole passage, lol. This is done again in I, Jedi.

<center></center>

The sinth crystals do not need to be red, they just are more commonly to become red...... i read that somewhere, ill be right back and try to find out

EDIT: I found something that proves my claim!!
    A Screen shot, shaved down to just what is important.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Synth-crystal That is the link, if you want to check it out yourself

What, Jedi master, Sith Lord, Or COMPLETE IDIOT¿ What will it take to get me to stop?