Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: looks like i have seen this some where

Default looks like i have seen this some where

just going around on ebay last night and found this. the pic looks like one i have seen before just can not put my finger on it....
    (thecustomsabershop)[] http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5645886587

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

As long as they spread the word about my shop I could care less. What pisses me off is when they use my pictures and text and then dont even send the customers here for the parts and give them links to stores that dont even sell what they want.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I hate that guy. He's capitalizing on people who go to ebay and don't know any better. I bet since he's using your pics you have some recourse if you wanted to through ebay.

This particular guy actually did ask me if it was ok. These guys selling info on ebay that they could get for free elsewhere should not be frowned upon. I dont see how so many people can figure out how to use ebay but cant figure out how to do a google search.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Instant gratification I guess... they get the stuff e-mailed to them with no need to search. This is also why people ask questions here without reading. They'd rather have the answer handed to them than look it up on their own.

He used pics of the MR FX sabers toward the bottom. Hey, if he's using the same tech as the CSS, then that's cool to show pics of the EL blades, but those pics are of MR FX sabers!

I was one of the idiots to chuck up 4 bucks for info on eBay. That's how I first heard of EL. However, the moron was suggesting one single thread of EL inside a sanded plastic tube, the kind you buy at aquarium stores. When I wrote him that my results were nowhere near the brightness shown in his pictures, he got rude. BTW, the pictures showed a Parks blade. Anyway, the way I look at it, that was not too much to pay for a starting point. Yes, you can Google, but you also need to know what you're searching. A simple "lightsaber" search returns all the retailers, but you have to dig really deep to get to the good stuff.

Born of Sith, seduced by the light side.

And thats why I dont mind..eventually they will find thier way here.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> And thats why I dont mind..eventually they will find thier way here.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Or at least some place better than an aquarium store...[][]

My trip:
    eBay info -> google EL -> found Loreen's tuttorial -> Strydur -> * the custom saber shop * Tada!

Born of Sith, seduced by the light.