Thread: Ultimate FX Lightsaber Vader board: New Schematic

Default Ultimate FX Lightsaber Vader board: New Schematic

So I made up this new schematic for an Ultimate FX Vader board (DVD version, just purchased from walmart today) including a buckpuck, no accent lighting, and NO recharge port. I dont think this has been posted yet. This is untested and I am submitting it for forum review, already have the regulator/transistor but my TCSS parts will be in soon for full validation.

What I think this will give me...
    -Full brightness
    -Flash on clash (on/off type)
    -All sounds

What I am not sure about...
    -Swapping out the momentary switch for a latching switch, if i swap to a latching switch i think it will work like Don Se Wion posted...

- OFF to ON - the saber turns on
    - ON to OFF - nothing happens
    - OFF to ON - the saber turns off
    - ON to OFF - nothing happens
    - OFF to ON - the saber turns on
    ... and so on

What is not shown
    -The 3 position on/try-me/off switch, im sure it will be pretty straightforward to bypass to regular on mode, will add to schematic when figured out. Or if im feeling lazy ill just stuff it in there in the ON position.

Original circuit/image credit goes to its creators, i just modified it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Youngling
    Youngling
    Blog Entries

is that the led string, that is soldered onto the sound board pcb ?

Quote Originally Posted by mrknify View Post
    is that the led string, that is soldered onto the sound board pcb ?
    I'm not sure to what you are referring to here? Because he didn't provide a picture of the actual board, he just modified an existing obi econo diagram to work out the theories of what he's planning to do.

I think you are referring to the labelled 3 LED-s' on the diagram? Not having seen one of these sabers in real life, I imagine they are just lights on the hilt?

To clarify, Im taking this board and putting it into my TCSS MHS saber (rebel green, buckpuck), all of my TCSS stuff has not arrived yet so im trying to prepare in the meantime.

Ok so my board is a bit different then the one in the schematic I modified above, not sure exactly what its referred to here on the forums (econo board etc) so hopefully someone can identify it...

This board is from an Ultimate FX Vader saber that came with a DVD, purchased yesterday from walmart

The board fires up the 5 LED segments sequentially when you turn, each segment has an LED+ wire which I have joined together in the right side of the board (brown, red, orange, yellow, green). The grey is the common negative for the LEDs and the remaining blue/purple is the hit sensor.

On the left side of the board is the on/off/try me switch, momentary switch, and speaker. Oh and i think the swing sensor is the black cylinder on the board.

Im working on a new schematic now because my first one is not really accurate, if someone has already wired this board to a buckpuck with no recharge port or accent lighting please post up your schematic
    Last edited by professorcake; 07-14-2012 at 08:11 PM.

Youngling
    Youngling
    Blog Entries

hope this helps, i think some might fill your information gaps, also i discovered today you can reset them by holding down the momentary, when switching from off to on position.
    hasbro2010b.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by mrknify View Post
    hope this helps, i think some might fill your information gaps, also i discovered today you can reset them by holding down the momentary, when switching from off to on position.
    hasbro2010b.jpg

I have a similar board from an Ultimate FX Qui Gon Jinn saber. I am adding an Anti vandal momentary illuminated switch, Lux Rebel Star LED, and kill port. I will be running it off of 2 Trustfire 3.7V batteries using a 5V regulator. I wired everything up and it worked as intended, except for the switch LED. Not sure where the wires go so it only turns on when the power is on and not flash on clash with the main LED. Would like to add an accent LED with the same requirements. Also, would like to use a 1000mA buckpuck but that is an other story. Any help would be appreciated.
    Screen shot 2013-03-28 at 10.08.31 AM.jpg