Thread: Recharge port on activation box style 14

Default Recharge port on activation box style 14

Is there any way to keep the recharge port from grounding out (negative side) to the side of activation box style 14 and subsequently to the hilt frame?
    May the Force Be With Us.... Always!

I have box 14 on my saber and don't have any problems with the recharge port. You could wrap the contacts on the port with electrical tape to prevent them from contacting any metal inside the hilt. The threads of the port that screw into the box should not cause any grounding. Also be sure to discard the nut that comes with the port, you won't be able to screw the port all the way into the box if the nut is left on.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsummey View Post
    Is there any way to keep the recharge port from grounding out (negative side) to the side of activation box style 14 and subsequently to the hilt frame?
    teflon tape on the threads maybe.

I don't think its that much of a problem though, nobody else seems to worry about it much. I've played around with it a bit myself with a multimeter and the only time I saw grounding was when the recharge plug was inserted.
    Last edited by Kevin Starwaster; 07-10-2012 at 11:22 AM.
    The lightsaber hilt is capable of producing a blade of pure energy. The lightsaber hilt has proven to be completely safe. The saber blade however has not. Do not touch the operational end of the saber blade. Do not look directly at the operational end of the saber blade. Do not immerse the saber blade into your flesh, not even partially.