Thread: Rebuilt: Seba Alos Apprentice Hilt

Default Rebuilt: Seba Alos Apprentice Hilt

After I finished my last saber, I looked at my first build and thought, "Wow, that looks like crap. I can do a lot better." So I did.

Seoul P4 white with yellow and green filter
    PVC with brass accent
    Acrylic rod studs to simulate accent LED
    light weathering

Old:
    IMG_2618.jpg
    IMG_2623.jpg

New:
    IMG_2756.jpg
    IMG_2757.jpg
    IMG_2758.jpg
    "Because your own strength is unequal to the task, do not assume that it is beyond the powers of man; but if anything is within the powers and province of man, believe that it is within your own compass also."
    -Marcus Aurelius, one of the Five Good Emperors of Rome

That went from "attempted" to professional. Well done.
    Honey, you've been looking for love in Alderaan places!

Thanks for the comments, I appreciate them. I just wish I had the tools to make things more smooth and geometric.
    "Because your own strength is unequal to the task, do not assume that it is beyond the powers of man; but if anything is within the powers and province of man, believe that it is within your own compass also."

I'm actually making a PVC saber for my brother. I hope it comes out as nice as yours.

PVC is a pretty forgiving medium, especially when you know how to repair mistakes. Unlike metal hilts, one can fill a hole or gouge in PVC and sand it out. It'll be like the blemish never existed. Which is nice for someone with unsteady hands that lacks a drill press.

You lacking a drill press too? I get the worst shaking hands when I solder. Maybe I'll google some "hand steadying" techniques.
    Last edited by Evilpancreas; 07-11-2012 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Word fix

My hands shake when I solder as well. I miss the days when it wasn't quite so bad.