Thread: Saberproject and TCSS Blade (comparison)

Exclamation Saberproject and TCSS Blade (comparison)

Hello,

yesterday I got my new Saberproject Blade from Bertuzzi.
    Now I want to show you the difference between the Saberproject and the TCSS blade.

You can see the Saberproject blade looks Silver.

And the TCSS blade looks white.

Saberproject blade:

TCSS blade:

And a video which shows you a good comparison and some more pictures and two short movies.

You can see in the Video, that the Saberproject blade is much brighter than the TCSS blade.

SABERPROJECT BLADE: BRIGHTNESS 10/10 Stars

TCSS BLADE : BRIGHTNESS 7/10 Stars

hope I can help you.

Youngling
    Youngling
    Blog Entries

whats different? my tcss is much brighter. is it same hilt, just different blades?

Nice review, but most everyone on these forums is aware that the stock TCSS diffuser isn't best if used by itself...we all add a roll of clear plastic sheeting, like polypropylene or cellophane gift wrapping to it to make it brighter, which is likely what the saberproject blade is using.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

JGJ - i saw on a video where you made a blade with just the gift wrap, and the blade turned out nice. what is the function of the TCSS diffuser? Also, when using both, is the cellophane in the inside or outside of the TCSS diffuser?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    Nice review, but most everyone on these forums is aware that the stock TCSS diffuser isn't best if used by itself...we all add a roll of clear plastic sheeting, like polypropylene or cellophane gift wrapping to it to make it brighter, which is likely what the saberproject blade is using.
    Yep. I agree!!

Blades from that german website were starting to be sold ~2009. If I recall correctly, some of the blades were Ultrasabers Ultra Edge and blade stock purchased here, just with the film in them. There used to be a thread about it on therpf.com, but I haven't been to that site in years.

They are really nothing special, just clear poly-c with a wrapping inside.