Thread: Leather hilt....

Youngling
    Youngling
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up Leather hilt....

Ok This is my start point, i've got some pictures up in my album for the leather done to this point.

currently i'm going to be building some different grips for my saber... I'm actually starting on the grip for my 2nd saber while waiting for parts. most of the measurements will be the same.

anyhow, link to the pieces done so far.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/album.php?albumid=299

also i will be updating this thread with additional pictures and to document some of the steps I am taking.

Youngling
    Youngling
    Blog Entries

updates, i've kinda been sidetracked.... i've cracked open a vader hasbro cheapie, 2009; the board is so much easier to work with then the "2010b" that I have posted some pictures of. and I have a obi version of it too...

ok i got some 1 1/4 pipe tubeing, and an old "air cooler" gotten them to fit together, just working on a sleigh for the electronics, and then a blade holder, this side project, is more of a scratch build so far... once my budget for saber purchases opens up again I can work more on the other saber....

ok ok pics.
    2012-07-10 09.39.34.jpg2012-07-10 09.58.23.jpgIMG_20120711_172812.jpgIMG_20120711_172802.jpgIMG_20120711_182756.jpg

the electronics are a mess, so no photo....image using a 700mAh orange-red lux on a 700mAh buckpuck(4 wires) and 4 AAA

That's the soundcard that I used. The difficult part for me was trying to fit it into the hilt next to my guarded style switch. It is going to be a pain if your cramfu skills are not up to par.
    Honey, you've been looking for love in Alderaan places!

Youngling
    Youngling
    Blog Entries

if I use it in this 1.25 sink tube it will be a pain.. not alot of room, may just use the other vader one...

as for the off hand sinktube (yes off hand...)

IMG_20120712_230943.jpgIMG_20120712_232157.jpg

dry fitting, to find what works best for setting the blade, as you see in the previous post with the lex red it glows nice, its also a blade from the 2010 hasbro ultimate fx vader that i took the pcb out of. its the same diameter(ish) and it adds a shortness i really like right now. a heatsink fits into the hilt, albeit a bit loose, (a couple thou.) but its not too shabby.

ok now i need a blade holder milled to 1.21 ?????? have to get a caliper form work.

update; led heatsink lathed to fit... mmm 64 thou less was nice. it all fits together nicely, seems i'll have better access to a lathe now hopefully the cnc machine will be up and running too.. but not worrying about that.
    Last edited by mrknify; 07-13-2012 at 03:55 PM. Reason: more on work added.