Thread: Knurled Clan Saber by LDM/GG

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Arrow Knurled Clan Saber by LDM/GG

Knurled Clan Saber

I am loving the clan sabers lately. I am also loving my knurler, so I figured I would combine the two! Actually, DRL has been a serious PITA lately and creating something calms my mind, so this saber was created (concept to completion) in three days. I am exceptionally happy with it's elegance and didn't build it for anyone in particular so I guess it is me that needs to be happy anyways, lol. I have been doing so many CSv1 sabers lately that I wanted to go more high end. This is a PCv2 saber because of that. I also had an idea for a box that I wanted to use. It is a double AV switch box for a standard 16mm switch as well as a 12mm switch. I machined some knurled greeblies and inset them, I milled "Clan-esque" design in the hilt itself and I settled on a two tone color scheme because the knurled and polished grip section is in essence a two tone (or at least a two texture) scheme and seems to fit well with the classic Clan design. Finally, I went with my baby...a CCW Rebel in BIN3...gorgeous Aquamarine color...OH YEAH!!!!!! If ya didn't know this by now, that is mah fav colur.

Particulars:
    PCv2.0 with Nightstorm's JK2 Outcast
    Matte Black Powder Coat
    2W Speaker in custom machined module
    CCW Tri-rebel (CC blade and W FoC)
    7.4V (14650) Battery Solution
    Knurling...Including custom knurled screw greeblies
    Custom box with 16mm and 12mm green ring AV's
    Aqua Crystal Pommel
    Easy Turn Pommel insert

The BMT:

The Glams:

FoC:

All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Once again an absolutely beautiful saber from LDM. You sir, are a true artist. Nice use of a smaller AV switch on that box, gives an interesting look I haven't seen done before.

FIRST off i love that blade holder, then the rear grip area, and finally as always that blade color! always my favorite. Another excellent saber LDM!
    ...YUP!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Thanks fellas. I really like that switch config as well. It is unique-ish for sure.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams

This is my kind of saber. Love the color, love the grip, LOVE that emitter. Speaking of, it looks an awful lot like the emitter on Dramath... Coincidence?

JQ's pimped Quinlan Vos
    Madcow's Corran Horn

and now this, are all time favorite sabers. Very well done sire, very well done.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by DarkarNights View Post
    Any chance we can see the inside of this saber?
    PM me and I will link you to the album

Quote Originally Posted by Ty_Bomber View Post
    This is my kind of saber. Love the color, love the grip, LOVE that emitter. Speaking of, it looks an awful lot like the emitter on Dramath... Coincidence?
    Maybe just because I made both, but I didn't consciously mirror Dramath...now that you mention it though, it is virtually the same, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMal View Post
    JQ's pimped Quinlan Vos
    Madcow's Corran Horn

and now this, are all time favorite sabers. Very well done sire, very well done.
    High praise indeed. Thank you humbly.

Jedi_Knight_Zekk

LDM, I have always been a follower of your builds, and you never dissapoint This is a wonderful saber, and even if it's meant to be a clan saber, it looks very unique, and it's simply gorgeous

Man another cool one, did you have to change the led in 12mm av because I've only seen them in blue?
    A Star Wars nerd? I've never heard of such a thing!