Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Random Sound Question

Default Random Sound Question

Hey guys. So whats this I hear about a new sound board coming to TCSS? Its called Nano something or other? Will it allow us to have more than just one sound font like CF? Or will it still operate like PC-U and only have the main sound font and one other? Thanks for the info. The new sound board sounds interesting.
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

The official release post about Nano Biscotte on the FX-Sabers forums:

http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=36467.0

Just one font at a time, but you can swap em out as much as you like. Petit Crouton is no longer locked, you can get as many fonts as you like (still only one at a time though) from www.saberfont.com
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

The new board will not be locked into certain fonts...it will be like the pc 2.0 and will play any pc 2.0 or CFv5 and up font. Here is no FoC effect, no blaster or force.effects, and aol require only a single button for activation. There is a.topic at FX-SABERS that announced the board and all of its features.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

@Jay-gon. I know I read it. @Silver. Thanks for that post. I think I will wait for Nano to come out. Using a single switch for me will be easier. I'm going to have to wait on like, what the best batteries will be and such to use. I was going to wait for the regular sell of CFV6 but I think I will give nano a try.
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

The NB was designed to run off of one 3.7V Li-ion cell.

I can't wait to get some of these, I don't really personally need all the extras the PC has to offer, and I'd like to use a single switch in my builds. I've been geeking over this thing since I heard about the Crystal Shard, and this similar board.

Just have a couple of questions about battery holders, since this board uses a single 3.7v cell.

I saw it can use the 14500 cell, and a single AA holder is easy to come by, and I saw on the Havok saber from Vader's Vault's youtube vid (uses the Crystal Shard), they use a single 18650, since the boards are similar, can the Nano Biscotte use a 18650? and will there be single cell holders (they do exist ) for sale in the store? (AA size and 18650 size)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Odious View Post
    I can't wait to get some of these, I don't really personally need all the extras the PC has to offer, and I'd like to use a single switch in my builds. I've been geeking over this thing since I heard about the Crystal Shard, and this similar board.

Just have a couple of questions about battery holders, since this board uses a single 3.7v cell.

I saw it can use the 14500 cell, and a single AA holder is easy to come by, and I saw on the Havok saber from Vader's Vault's youtube vid (uses the Crystal Shard), they use a single 18650, since the boards are similar, can the Nano Biscotte use a 18650? and will there be single cell holders (they do exist ) for sale in the store? (AA size and 18650 size)
    The nano will be able to use a single 18650 (The board has a max. of 5.5volts), and there are holders available for those batteries, but whether or not Tim stocks them is undecided. Those holders do not make a distinction between the positive and negative poles on the cells, making it very easy to install the cell backwards even though they are marked for polarity, so until an error proof holder can be found, I doubt Tim will stock them.
    Last edited by Jay-gon Jinn; 07-10-2012 at 09:37 AM.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    Those holders do not make a distinction between the positive and negative poles on the cells
    The one's I've used look like this

Just wondering if they would be stocked I guess, for convenience sake.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Darth Odious; 07-10-2012 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Added more pics, were too big

Send Tim a link with where to get them, and he just might. The holders I was referring to were the ones seen in the Vaders Vault video you mentioned. The one you showed look much better.

Cool. I just sent him a message, and resized/added a couple pics.