Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Second Saber - Entropy

Great leatherwork. Cool saber.
    Sith Acolyte Saber completed

Thanks again guys!

The button is off center to accommodate the threads, and sound... that's a bit out of budget, for the moment :P Besides, when I'm on stage with this, you can't hear it anyway.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Animus View Post
    That thick band around the ribbed section is actually a remnant leather strip from the main grip.

Thanks guys! I've definitely caught the saber bug... now if only the money could keep up with the ideas...
    Yeah, try over $120,000 in 6 years...not pretty.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dottore Matto View Post
    Yeah, try over $120,000 in 6 years...not pretty.
    Over 6 years you've spent on building sabers the equivalent of the price of a new home?

wow... I admire the dedication, but wow... that's more than my student loans, including interest o_O

When you're building sabers for yourself, your limit is your wallet.
    When you're building sabers for others, your limit is *their* wallet.

I'm sure LDM has found the limits of a lot of other people's wallets over the years.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Cool hilt. definitely room for sound. Am I the only one who noticed the sith keyboard? Is that an illusion or is it lit?

You definitely owe that saber a pc at the very least. Pretty lights are one thing, light and sound are EPIC!

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chambers View Post
    Cool hilt. definitely room for sound. Am I the only one who noticed the sith keyboard? Is that an illusion or is it lit?
    It's the keyboard I'm sure, my wife's is the same model by the looks of it. My Logitech G19 does the same thing in Red, Green and Blue.

Ah, ok, a business makes much more sense for all that saber building.

Right now, there are 4 AA's in the lower half of the hilt which take up a hell of a lot of space, the buck puck is in the grooved section, the switch essentially blocks off the extension as well. Basically, my Cram Fu is not yet that strong :P

And the keyboard is most definitely lit, its a Saitek Eclipse.

When you are ready for PC definately get a 7.4V Li-ion stick pack to replace those 4 AAs.