Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: thin neck ROTJ blade holder

Default thin neck ROTJ blade holder

Hay i was doing some looking around and i found the prodigal son by saber forge and it is awesome but i have heard some rotten things about them and didn't want to risk buying from them. i don't have access to any machine that will make those parts but i was wondering if there is somebody here on the forums that knows who to ask to buy the parts to make the thin neck for the Hero saber, and will it be threaded to accept the MHS parts so i dont have to buy extra parts.

I would contact one of the smith's on the FX Sabers forums for a request like that.
    Follow Your Bliss

For evey one person who has something negative to say about that builder, I've also found one person saying something positive, so who knows? He does have a 100% positive eBay rating though. You should contact him directly and ask questions, see if his communication with you is satisfactory. Also, there is no soliciting of sales or commissioning of builders allowed on this forum, you must do that sort of thing on the FX Sabers Forum.

Did you try playing with the MHS builder. With chokes and holder, you can acheive something quite close to the rotj luke. If it's not accurate enough for you, wise, the advice of Psab keel is...

Regarding the sabersmith we can't name Despite the fact I've ordered from him once years ago, and the saber itself wasn't bad (despite 2 months of waiting), There were a lot of problems with him at the time. I don't know now.

Be careful with ebay feedbacks, darknight, SF used to change its username when feedbacks rates were bad.

and i was wondering about how to install a accurate d ring on the pommel because it is through one of the ridges in Return of the Jedi not bolted to the side

were can i find the graflex clamp with lever on the side of the activation box and how exactly do you go about weathering one of these sabers to give it that highly used look

another couple questions if its alright; were do i find one of those graflex clamps with lever for for the side of the activation box, and how do you weather the paint job to give it that highly used look, and with the MHS system what parts holds all the guts inside other than the pommel because they are hollow straight through both sides.

The best bet to answer your questions would be to search the stickied forums regarding the subjects you are addressing. Such as weathering techniques, chassis techniques, etc.
    Follow Your Bliss

The one thing that this community expects from new comers is that they read and absorb the knowledge that is already here before asking the most basic of questions. It's like walking into a library and asking the librarian to explain to you the information that exist within the book that is sitting right in front of you. It's disrespectful to the librarians who gathered all the information into one place, and it shows a lack of patience on the part of the student. When I first came here I read for three weeks before I made my first post, and it wasn't a question because I found an answer to every question I had just by reading what was here.