Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Clone Trooper Costume

Quote Originally Posted by tazrob
    Great setup But I dont remember the 501st (the blue color scheme) having anyone looking like that. Appo and then Bow both looked like their men.

The pauldron that the guy has looks like it is one of nyghtcraft's but is not included in auction that is a $270.00 part on its own.

Good luck guys, looks great
    Is there a site for him or is he 501st only?

I am blown away by the options on how to do a blaster carbine.
    Red 5 "Move Dangit! I gots Snitz to blow up!"

Quote Originally Posted by james3
    Is there a site for him or is he 501st only?

I am blown away by the options on how to do a blaster carbine.
    The colors are 501st (movie 501st not costuming 501st, lol)
    except for this and some custom figures, I have not seen the coloring used in a commander before. But you would have to imagine that they are out there all the other unit commanders look like that except Thire (red shock trooper from above) and appo and Bow (the blue 501st commanders)

Anyway looking at other members of my garrison that have done the clone costume I am working on the helmet seems to stand tall to me so I am in the process of getting this

Everyone believes it to be a MR recast and recasting is frowned apon but Devil made a good point to me, The is MR stuff it aint like you are recasting off of one of your fellow costumers
    When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Great setup But I dont remember the 501st (the blue color scheme) having anyone looking like that. Appo and then Bow both looked like their men.

The pauldron that the guy has looks like it is one of nyghtcraft's but is not included in auction that is a $270.00 part on its own.

Good luck guys, looks great
    Hasbro will be releasing a Appo figure that looks that, minus the kama. I thought it was dumb to have the commanders look the same has his troops, how do they know which one he is?

The figure can be seen here (keep scrolling).
    So help me, if you make me sail a ship made of hobgoblin corpses across the ocean, I will find a way to make you pay. - Redcloak

Sorry Taz, I was referring to nyghtcraft's stuff. was wonering if he had a site or only sold within the 501st.

Your getting that bucket? Lucky Duck! I agree with Devil, recasting MR ain't quite like doing it to your fellow troopers.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Don't go saying that at some sites though... like the RPF. Recasting is recasting to them. If it's available from the original source then it's not kosher. The only times recasting "official" sources is really accepted is when they don't produce it anymore like a lot of the Don Post helmets.

Despite MR's quality control delays... you can technically get helmets from them.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Well in that case then it is kinda still cool as you wait for years to get one from MR, lol but I know where you are coming from xwing.

I believe the site for the pauldron is http://www.ashtonomicon.com
    He sells to anyone but if you are 501st you can get stuff added to the pauldrons, TK ids and Cogs
    When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

can't argue with that either. I would think they would have less of a problem with someone buying a recast then whoever was malking them though.

Well in that case then it is kinda still cool as you wait for years to get one from MR, lol

I believe the site for the pauldron is http://www.ashtonomicon.com
    He sells to anyone but if you are 501st you can get stuff added to the pauldrons, TK ids and Cogs
    Thanks! I sent you a PM. Well with any luck I will be following you in to the ranks here soon.

Just gotta figure out what I am going to be first.

Ok the guy is a member of the 501st with that ebay auction the clone is Alpha but upgraded for e3 Alpha, if you seen the clone wars cartoons Alpha was the blue ARC

-edit
    this is what it started out as http://images.501stforums.com/member...c8881_full.jpg

Blue all the way! Definitely my favorite. I like the battle scarred look of the clones, but it would be nice if someone would make a clean, scratch-free version like the stormtroopers I always see.

Quote Originally Posted by james3
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=009&item=190030904947&rd =1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Oh this friggin rocks!
    There is no apathy; there is Compassion.
    There is no fear; there is Faith.
    There is no despair; there is Hope.
    There is no hate; there is Love.
    There is no death; there is Christ