Thread: Question regarding kill plugs.

Default Question regarding kill plugs.

I've been keeping close tabs on the kill plug style 1 for a while now and it never seems to be in stock, though I do notice that the other two styles seem to be more available. I happen to have a style 3 that I purchased a while back, but I don't need the covertech clip section of it for the build I'm planning. Is there a way to remove the plastic plug itself from the machined aluminum end without destroying it?

Thanks for any tips or advice guys and gals!

Psab
    Follow Your Bliss

One option might be to take a sharp knife and cut the tip off right up to the edge of the covertec button, then you could glue it to whatever you want to use?

Thanks, I'll have to give that a try.
    Follow Your Bliss

Another option (temporary) is to go to the local hard ware store (Ace Hardware, where I'm at) and get one of those white nylon spacers. Then put a piece of heat shrink on it. It fits well in the charge port.
    If you need a longer term solution, you could do the same as above, only find a screw or nut that fits it and glue that on

Youngling
    Youngling
    Blog Entries

another way, is there are certain types of mono plugs(audio) that contain a nc that opens when you plug in the jack for certain circuits, i've been looking at this war for a kill switch, ie, when jack pluged it (just destroy the outside of jack with your favorite pretty...) and unplug it to close the circuit.

You can also get a cheap Papermate pen , take it apart and cut off the plastic end that the ink tube goes into. It's something I've used to make custom kill keys http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3...HPIM1437-1.jpg or use in a pinch if I misplace or lose my kill plug style 1.

Quote Originally Posted by mrknify View Post
    another way, is there are certain types of mono plugs(audio) that contain a nc that opens when you plug in the jack for certain circuits, i've been looking at this war for a kill switch, ie, when jack pluged it (just destroy the outside of jack with your favorite pretty...) and unplug it to close the circuit.
    That seems like an increadibly round about and overly complicated way to find a solution to a problem that needs no solving. And you'd just be putting an extra hole in your hilt because you would still need a recharge port to actually charge your battery pack.