Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can We Build It?

Jedi_Knight_Zekk

Default Can We Build It?

I just thought I'd put this out there. Can we build this TOR saber? It's the one used by Master Orgus.

a picture:

http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=master...75&tx=57&ty=75

Youngling
    Youngling
    Blog Entries

yes yes we can, thats a easier one to do then some of the others :P i guarantee there are severel fellas/ lass's on here who would love to build that one.

1000px-Jedi-Lightsaber.jpg

Jedi_Knight_Zekk

I know, I've been noodling with some plans for something similar down the road. I'm wondering about some MHS equivalents too

Youngling
    Youngling
    Blog Entries

the wood, can be done on chokes.... out of wood, or leather. Now the leather would need to be cuir-boille, unless you know how to do it.. don't but it looks awesome.
    the plates, you could make a cast for them, or scribe some steel. again not that hard to do (easier if you have a rotating engraving machine.) for the most part the handle and parts have mhs equavalents(i can spell really.)

The picture has SlothFurnace's logo in the bottom corner, so I would assume that he built it. There's quite possibly already a build log posted here by Sloth for this saber.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkarNights View Post
    The picture has SlothFurnace's logo in the bottom corner, so I would assume that he built it. There's quite possibly already a build log posted here by Sloth for this saber.
    He didn't; that one was gifted to him by someone from BioWare IIRC. The picture has since turned up everywhere, including on sabers being sold on Ebay.
    The lightsaber hilt is capable of producing a blade of pure energy. The lightsaber hilt has proven to be completely safe. The saber blade however has not. Do not touch the operational end of the saber blade. Do not look directly at the operational end of the saber blade. Do not immerse the saber blade into your flesh, not even partially.

Cool, so I'm guessing the saber is just a static prop "statue" saber that Bioware had made and has no electronics? This would be a pretty epic build to produce a functional one that looks identical to the original.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkarNights View Post
    Cool, so I'm guessing the saber is just a static prop "statue" saber that Bioware had made and has no electronics? This would be a pretty epic build to produce a functional one that looks identical to the original.
    I think that's what Sloth said about it, yeah... the question did come up though as to whether it might be convertible and whether or not Sloth might want to do so but I'm not sure where that stands.
    The lightsaber hilt is capable of producing a blade of pure energy. The lightsaber hilt has proven to be completely safe. The saber blade however has not. Do not touch the operational end of the saber blade. Do not look directly at the operational end of the saber blade. Do not immerse the saber blade into your flesh, not even partially.

I guess he will convert (or is currently converting) this static. In one of its graflex stock, you can see this hilt standing on the left standing out of its display stand next to spare parts ???????

Jedi_Knight_Zekk

Well, I know very little of what Sloth is up to right now/ doing with his sabers as I've been gone for quite some time, but... I would very much like to see this become a functional saber with sound, LED, etc. I may even go as far as buying it should one of the better saber smiths get ahold of this for a project. I think the one thing we can say for certain is that this is a very cool looking saber, and would be a fine addition to anyone's collection. If anyone has any more information, please feel free to post it.