Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Better look (or Luke?)

...ok...Well... back on topic, luis, I really like your idea. I, for one, hate that big bulky MR design. I think its the ugliest and cheapest looking of their line. Im glad someone is finally doing something to make a better looking Luke RoTJ LED saber. I say bravo luis, bravo. I cant wait to see how it turns out.

"Action, excitement, a Jedi craves not these things."

Live the dream Luis!
    I thought about doing my Luke ROTJ capable of handling a blade and electronics - but I found it too difficult to have it that way. I can't wait to see how your progresses!

MC

You want to go home and re-think your life

i would think that with a 1/8 inch blade the saber would tip over too much but i think a short 1/16 inch blade would work good. good luck on this luis!

Darth Sequentius...Sith Lord

Here's a pic of my arc-wave, I'm about to convert it to LED which is why its stripped.

It holds a 3/4 inch blade and the proportions look really good in my opinion. If you were to settle for a 3/4 inch blade you would have a VERY nice looking hilt.
    'I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you.'

Thanks to all you guys (I mean it Lord Maul) I need all your opinions, that's why I posted those pics. Please don't fight unless you are in a lightsaber duel.

Lord Maul: I like the holes that were in the Obi Wan emitter so I putted them, maybe to fancy...I don't know..... I plan to have two emitters, one with the blade and the other one without it, only to show the hilt in my belt...you know, for the kids (if you donīt finish your meal I will turn on my lightsaber)

Xwingband: For the graflex I will use 1.5" OD 316 SS. (sanitary pipe not sink tube) to draw the templates, I don't plan to machine all the hilt, only the holes and the main details (I'm sure that all of you have graflex templates).

Darth Sequentius: Cad software is a very powerful tool, not only for saber building but also some of my regular work. It is very easy to learn, I learned in a month during the university. I remember some older guys that spends entire weeks to draw by hand some designs for an assignment. Then a year later I needed to make those designs for the same subject (mechanical design 01). I learned it by my self because I have in my mind the faces of all those guys that I saw without sleeping, taking a bath or changing clothes. The drawing tables look like a war zone, wit all the deads spreaded..ha ha ha. Thanks guys. I soon as I have more pictures, I will post them.bye

Not only a partner, but a friend

Default Better?

What do you think about these improvements?

and about this one?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The Obi looks better with it even though it's not accurate to the actual prop.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

I think your designs look great. The extended emmiter also makes the blade much more stable.
    JediSaberSmith
    An Elegant Weapon From A More Civilized Age
    www.jedisabersmith.com

Default Thanks

Thank you guys. I really apretiate all your opinios. I make some changes in order to have a detachable blade...what do you think?

The more you refine your design the better looking they get. I think they both look great.
    ;

Do-Clo Custom Sabers
    http://doclocustomsabers.com/
    Replica Prop Artist