Thread: Separatists demise custom saber complete!

Default Separatists demise custom saber complete!

Hey all! well the first custom saber is all finished up and polished! I wasn't going to name it at first but I figured I might as well considering everyone else does lol, just kinda came up with the name but I think its suitingWP_000397.jpgWP_000399.jpgWP_000400.jpgWP_000389.jpgWP_000390.jpg. I also have a video up on youtube which you guys can check out which will let you guys see a bit more than what the pics will show Feel free to post any comments below, thx guys! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxsdPuO8IO4

I absolutely loved the shroud that goes over the choke piece!
    Honey, you've been looking for love in Alderaan places!

I really like this saber. I'm glad to see that you got the brass polished up, it really makes a difference. The shroud over the choke gives it an interesting look. I noticed you didn't demo it with a blade, do you not have one yet?

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Nice work! For better results on your pics (especially for brass), turn the flash off on your camera and try to get a LOT of light on the saber from outside sources (lamps etc).

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Jedi Padawan
    Jedi Padawan

To Fender, you must listen, yes! I like the look of it (and I loves me some brass, silver, and black) but the hard light is very distracting and muddles seeing the detail. A simple 3 point light set up or a soft light box would help tremendously. Still shots, if you can't afford those and have a tripod, set your camera on the tripod then use the timer on yuor camera. The timer should give it just enough time for the camera to settle down so the focus will be clear.
    Play around with it and saber on, dude!

Knowledge must be balanced by Practice.
    Practice must be balanced by Experience.
    Through Knowledge, Practice, and Experience
    we gain Wisdom.

-Boj-Vaati Mau
    Jedi Sentinel, Jar'Kai practitioner,
    and Instctor at Strafe Plains Temple

Saber Guild: Strafe Plains Temple
    The Rebel Legion

Best pics are taken outside/near windows with natural light.

I like the saber but the name seems kind of forced.

Thx everyone for the comments! to DarkarNights i have pictures of the blade on in the original thread that i made without the brass overlay and also the video in the description shows off the blade as well and thx very much to FenderBender and Boj-Vaati Mau for the tips on lighting and pics! I will definitely keep that in mind for my next build!