Thread: Completed - Arlyn Karn's Lightsaber

Default Completed - Arlyn Karn's Lightsaber

So this saber came about because my wife said she'd only participate in the semi-monthly lightsaber bouts where I live if she had a purple one. She thought I wouldn't go through with it. Now she has no excuse. What looks like an accent LED is just a hole drilled into the hilt (Gives the same general look without needing to know how to wire an accent LED, which I don't), plugged with a clear acrylic rod, so light from the blade LED shows through.

PVC
    Seoul P4 White with w/purple filter
    Brass plated
    Antiqued white color

IMG_2746.jpgIMG_2748.jpg
    IMG_2747.jpgIMG_2750.jpg
    Last edited by Skinnerman02; 07-01-2012 at 06:16 PM.
    "Because your own strength is unequal to the task, do not assume that it is beyond the powers of man; but if anything is within the powers and province of man, believe that it is within your own compass also."
    -Marcus Aurelius, one of the Five Good Emperors of Rome

Really like this. It reminds me a lot of the TOR trailer lightsaber.

Also, great signature. That has long been one of my favorite quotes.

Thanks! TOR trailer was an obvious influence.

The quote is one of my favorites, too. Which is why I made the sig (not the picture, got that off Deviant art).
    Last edited by Skinnerman02; 07-01-2012 at 11:09 PM.
    "Because your own strength is unequal to the task, do not assume that it is beyond the powers of man; but if anything is within the powers and province of man, believe that it is within your own compass also."

I'm really amazed by some people's imagination and skills with pvc and spare parts. This design has some vintage look, I'd like to see this hilt in aluminium version.... Very nice

Thanks, Vlad! I'd like to see it in metal as well. I'm not sure if that'll ever happen, though. Unemployment really limits what I can do.