Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: battery and pc holder disc problem

Default battery and pc holder disc problem

Hey guys I bought the 14500 side by side that holds the pcu also and I can't seem to get my PC 1.6 to fit into the disc. Is there a special way to do it? I tried going straight in also.
    Thanks

I believe it is designed for the PC 2.0 only which is a little different in size and chip placement. It looks like the cutouts in the discs you are trying to use are very precisely cut for the 2.0 to slide in.

I have recently used the 'Acrylic Chassis Disc for PC 2.0' and put a 1.6 in it but thats because there is plenty of cutout space for the chips and sensors and the width of the 1.6 is roughly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiozero View Post
    I believe it is designed for the PC 2.0 only which is a little different in size and chip placement. It looks like the cutouts in the discs you are trying to use are very precisely cut for the 2.0 to slide in.

I have recently used the 'Acrylic Chassis Disc for PC 2.0' and put a 1.6 in it but thats because there is plenty of cutout space for the chips and sensors and the width of the 1.6 is roughly the same.
    Wait what I have is a 1.6 so it will work? Do I need to mod the discs? Was it pretty tough to push it in?

They can be modified if needed. There's some material to work with. I used it for another board and it fit with just a little sanding...

Acrylic sands very easily, just work it over in the spots where it's tight until it fits your needs.

should this fit a cf 5.1 pretty easily? hopefully, i have one on the way and want it fitting very nice,

I agree with DarkarNights. Sanding the problem areas is your best bet.
    Honey, you've been looking for love in Alderaan places!

Quote Originally Posted by thrgk View Post
    should this fit a cf 5.1 pretty easily? hopefully, i have one on the way and want it fitting very nice,
    A CF 5.1 will fit just fine in these discs. It is the same width as a PC 2.0, but just a bit longer.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

having an issue, see this pic? http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/As...ysidepackC.jpg well see the grey box, the one above the led pads on the pc? How do u get the disc past it? the box is to tall? do u go from the other side and push it all the way down to the other side? seems like it would hurt the card. Not sure what to do

Yeah, looks like you have to slide both disks on from the left. I would insert the PC first, then the battery, then slide in the 4-40 rods. If you pre-assemble the chassis you might have trouble.