Thread: My first Lightsaber to date!

Default My first Lightsaber to date!

Hey guys, first off let me say that i have been dwelling in these forums for about 5 months now, collecting information and "stealing" ideas from already made sabers. To be honest, this love for lightsabers has been raging inside of me since the age of 11, when i first played SW rots on PS2. I started making wooden lightsabers out of straight sticks and then moved on lasers and crystals. But i never really got the satisfaction that would calm the beast inside me. So even if this year has been the most important and deciding of my life (since i just finished taking my exams), i started making a list of parts i would need to make a LED saber. So here it is

IMG20120628_010.jpgIMG20120628_008.jpgIMG20120628_006.jpgIMG20120628_003.jpg IMG20120628_001.jpg

I know it doesn't look like much, but getting this done was a big deal for me. I did a great research on resistor values, ohms, Leds but i ended up saying to myself, "if it doesn't get burned, it works". So inside the hilt are 3 AAA batteries on a chassis i made out of 3 metal columns and PAPER bases! Yes, paper! I really wanted it to have a crystal chamber and until my 4 battery pack got smashed under my brother's foot, i had it all sorted out. Since i didn't have 6 volts, i couldn't use another led cause the lumins dropped like flies. It does have a quartz crystal though! Anyways, i hope you like it and just keep in mind that its my first lightsaber!

I really liked the color you chose for the exterior. It really gives it an older look. Is that green button the switch?
    Honey, you've been looking for love in Alderaan places!

You've got the spirit. The middle area is quite original. Nice first saber

Quote Originally Posted by Evilpancreas View Post
    I really liked the color you chose for the exterior. It really gives it an older look. Is that green button the switch?
    It is. I really liked those illuminated switches but they were kinda expensive. And since i fancied reversed grip sabers, i thought it would be better if the switch was at the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad Doon View Post
    You've got the spirit. The middle area is quite original. Nice first saber
    The middle area is actually starkiller inspired...well sort of. Its supposed to be an exposed crystal chamber where the cables run through that small silver tube.

That is a great saber! I really like your choices, especially when not limited to any manufacturer, just deciding what materials to use can be a nightmare. What I especially like is you have constructed your own lightsaber from scratch! Cant wait to see what you could do with some MHS parts and a soundcard!