Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LDM's Padawan Standard Issue, POC

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Arrow LDM's Padawan Standard Issue, POC

Padawan Standard Issue

As folks may have noticed, I am up to my eyeballs in a run right now. That said, I also like to design stuff so as not to waste parts that I have in stock. Some may have also noticed that I am not a snob for anything and am more interested in the "Chi" of a project than any other aspect of it. This is one such project. I love me some 616 inner sleeves and pommels and am always looking for things to do with them. As some may have noticed (and will REALLY notice next week, lol) I also love knurling now. So, I had an idea! How about design a simple "Padawan-style" saber. One that would be used for training, or as a replacement for those pesky Padawans who repeatedly lose the ones they make? This is my vision of that saber. If it resonates, then a few of them with "alternate electronics" may show up. If not, then oh well. The center core of the saber is a 616 tube. I knurled two grip sections into it. I LOVE the Maul-ish clamp from the 616's and wanted to use it. I didn't want to go that much plastic, so I settled on making a new clamp and just using the box and button. The emitter is meant (as is the rest of the saber) to be utilitarian. The BH, shroud, clamp and pommel/pommel shroud are all custom machined in the "clan-style", but this saber does not have a true clan -style emitter. The knurled grips are "washed" in black for contrast and are meant to appear used, but cared for. The rest of the finish is high polish over lightly "weathered" metal. The blade is a gorgeous aquamarine color. Thanks for lookin'

Particulars:
    US 2.1
    Lux III BIN 2/3 Cyan
    7.4V Li-ion w/2.1mmrecharge/kill in pommel
    Reverse Sound
    Black (baked) Enamel accents

The BMT:

The Glams:

Album: http://s291.photobucket.com/albums/l...POC%20Padawan/
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Jedi Padawan
    Jedi Padawan

That is pretty cool, LDM. Looks like a good one for Jar'Kai if there were two...

Knowledge must be balanced by Practice.
    Practice must be balanced by Experience.
    Through Knowledge, Practice, and Experience
    we gain Wisdom.

-Boj-Vaati Mau
    Jedi Sentinel, Jar'Kai practitioner,
    and Instctor at Strafe Plains Temple

Saber Guild: Strafe Plains Temple
    The Rebel Legion

Furthest reaches of the Galaxy (Scotland)

I likes it, nice and simple, yet functional

That blade is stunning. Add the really utilitarian look to it and you have something that looks like it came right out of the OT, something that is sadly underdone these days. Bravo.

Freakin' awesome! Love the used looking knurled grips. Such a cool use of the 616 tube, utilitarian is definitely the word.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Thanks folks. I am glad that I'm not the only one who thought a simple design was a good idea Sometimes, simple is the art in the design after all.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

that's a really great saber! I love it!

i always like when things are simple and clean. excellent job!
    ...YUP!

Love the saber and the colour of the blade would be perfect for my wife's Barriss Offee saber ( which Ihave promised to re-build )
    Sith Acolyte Saber completed

Very nice saber.
    I particularly like the solution adopted for the activation button, something to think about.