Thread: My Qui Gonish MHS Build

Default My Qui Gonish MHS Build

Here goes guys. I started with blade holder 18, a 2" df that I had Tim add 5 grooves to, then a double male connector, a 7" df that Tim machined 13 grooves to my specs on, then a pommel style 7.

None of the available shroud templates fit my parts. So I took some graph paper and armed with my pencil, compass, ruler, I made my own to work with my parts.

I started by drilling pilot holes at various points on the tubing.

Then went at it with the dremel, unfortunately it died before I could do any of the finish work. All of the finish work was done with needle files and sandpaper over the course of a few weekends.

And today I spent polishing the shroud and checking it out on the MHS parts.

That's as far as I've gotten so far. Next up I am trying to figure out a way to use one of the knurled nuts as a switch. Once I have verified it works I'll post up with what I did.

Thanks for looking, Jay

That's a REALLY nice looking saber man. How do you intend to hold the sleeve on?

I never thought of holding a piece down like that. I heard some people use glues and what not.

I can see glue being used on some builds, but I've always used screws to hold the shroud on.

Wow, that is very nice work! Looking forward to seeing this finished!

You could glue a Mom switch onto the inside of some PVC tube and cut the knob down so it sits flush with the inside of the MHS. Drill a hole for the knurled screw and position the mom under it. You then cut down the thread a touch so when tuned it will either depress the mom or release. That should work.

To hold the shroud use a covertec clip and screw.
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"

That is a nice looking saber. The shroud work looks great and the polish contrasts nicely with the rest. Cant wait to see it finished.
    A Star Wars nerd? I've never heard of such a thing!

That is some amazing work on the shroud! very clean. Hope you have same success with the rest of your build. Look forward to seeing more.

Nice work on the sleeve! Saber's looking good so far!

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.