Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "Aurea" - MHS Crystal Focus Lightsaber

Default "Aurea" - MHS Crystal Focus Lightsaber

Well everybody, after a lot of hard work and challenges faced, I am finally proud to unveil:

Aurea

I began planning this project back in May of 2011 and now a little over a year later it has finally come to life. I designed this to be my personal saber. I was going for an aesthetically pleasing yet simple look and I think it was well achieved. It is very easy to hold, nothing gets in the way of my hands, and it is a great spinner. The work done by Tim is absolutely beautiful.

Specs:
    Plecter Labs Crystal Focus 5.6
    7.4V 18500 Li-Ion Battery Pack
    Yellow Dot Momentary Switch
    LedEngin RGBW mixed for Yellow with White FoC
    2W Bass Speaker
    2.1mm Recharge port with kill key from Beggars Outpost of the FX-Sabers Forum

The Crystal Focus is by far the coolest thing I have ever seen in terms of FX lightsabers! I always seen videos of CF sabers in action on You Tube or here on the forums but I until I began this project, I never thought I would own one myself. Thank you Erv for a magnificent piece of work. The soundfonts I have loaded are as follows:

Novastar by Novastar
    Shatterpoint by Madcow
    TOR Tranquility by Nightstorm
    Episode IV by Novastar
    Knights of the Old Republic by Machinimax (Me! )
    Duelist by Sekrouge1985

The Red and Green dice on the LedEngin are mixed for a nice yellow color. Both are wired in series and being powered by 1 amp. The white die is used for Flash on Clash. It's a very subtle FoC but it's there and I like it very much. I'm not a big fan of the blade changing colors when FoC is triggered. At just 1 amp, this sucker is BRIGHT! Even in the natural light it's still pretty bright and my house gets a lot of outdoor light. (And FYI the batteries died about five minutes after I took those pictures and look how bright it still is.) The color is really brought out and very evenly lit by the TransWhite Dual Diffused Blade I got from Vader's Vault. (Thank you Fender Bender and Allaerra!) The name of the saber comes actually from the color of the blade. Aurea is Latin for golden. When I was deciding on names for this saber, this one took the cake for me. It's short and simple, it describes the saber a little, and has a bit of an elegant ring to it.

A few build pics:

Video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTVmV...ature=youtu.be

The people here on the forums have been tremendously helpful in my research for this project. With your guidance and patience, I was able to make something great. I have always loved the thrill of putting something together with my own two hands and this is by far one of my best works yet. I am very proud of it. So I hope you enjoy Aurea as much as I do. Thanks very much and MTFBWYA!!!!!
    Last edited by Machinimax; 07-05-2012 at 10:49 AM.

Welcome to saber building. You've taken your first step into a larger world.

"Don't get the idea that your [lightsaber] is a quick little project to be slapped together." - Luke Skywalker

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Good install man. Very clean.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

I agree with LDM very clean. my kind of saber!
    ...YUP!

I'm more wondering how you got your hands on a CF 5.6 to be honest. Not jealous a bit......

That said the sled is nice, those new parts of tims work well.

Good jobc

PS a shroud job would jazz up the parts and please please please get a proper covertec, that plastic one should be junked asap.
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"

Those aren't Tim's Acrylic Discs, they are from Sanjuro Systems.

Yup DarkarNights is correct. I actually had these long before Tim even started to offer his disks.

Welcome to saber building. You've taken your first step into a larger world.

"Don't get the idea that your [lightsaber] is a quick little project to be slapped together." - Luke Skywalker

Blog Entries

looks great!!!
    "Do or do not....there is no try" - Yoda

Now that is a great TCSS text book saber, and build. I love it! I bet it feels great to spin!! Nice saber my friend.

man that yellow dot looks bright. You really nailed that yellow too. It's like looking into the noonday sun!

Youngling
    Youngling
    Blog Entries

georgous