Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ensuring i have this wiring correct

Try posting some pictures of your wiring

With that switch (just wired one up today) the outer gold set are for the switch, the long silver prongs are for the led. I don't know if there's a particular polarity to either set, as I just guessed and it all worked.

Amwolf is right. The switch leads have polarity, they are marked with a + and - next to the leads, very easy to miss, you might need a magnifying glass. The long silver leads for the led ring do not have polarity, I just keep the positive on the same side as the switch lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Kael-Duvar Hawkens View Post
    Ok i've tried it all, i had everything wired up and ready to go, i dry tested it and nothing. Im getting no power at all, nothing into the switch or the led
    If you can post a picture we can tell you very quickly what you have done wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkarNights View Post
    Amwolf is right. The switch leads have polarity, they are marked with a + and - next to the leads, very easy to miss, you might need a magnifying glass. The long silver leads for the led ring do not have polarity, I just keep the positive on the same side as the switch lead.
    The led leads DO have polarity...led's are Light Emitting diodes, and as such, they have to be wired correctly, since a diode only allows current to flow in one direction. The markings on the switch are quite likely for the led, not the switch leads which do not have a polarity.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Thanks for the correction, I had that backwards thinking the markings were for the switch. I'm glad I wired mine the right way.

And I'm off to get a magnifying glass.