Thread: Seeking to build Revan's lightsaber

Default Seeking to build Revan's lightsaber

Hey guys,

I'm in the middle of building up my Darth Revan costume to join the 501st however, the trouble is that I'm trying to search for a way on what parts I would need to build my own Revan lightsaber.

According to the 501st website they mentioned key points anyways.

Lightsabers
    For 501st approval:
    - If the costumer is portraying Darth Revan from Knights of the Old Republic, a single lightsaber is used. If the lightsaber includes a blade, the blade is red.
    - If the costumer is portraying Darth Revan from Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords, then two lightsabers are carried. If the lightsabers are bladed, one blade is red, and the other is purple.
    - The hilt midsection is silver, with the emitter head and back pommel sections showing gold or brass in color.

I plan on making two lightsabers, both purple and red however. When I look on the website, I was like damn there is a lot of parts and stuff that I would need to get and of course being a first timer and all, I need some help and guidance on what parts I should be selecting for it to be made.

Any ideas, or tips or links are welcome

I believe I saw a couple of threads on a Revan design..., I'm not sure how much it'll help, but it might provide a starting point. Just use the search feature at the top of the page! good luck!
    "I sense great fear in you Skywalker! You have hate, you have anger; but you don't use them."

To begin with I'd suggest asking Strydur to custom modify a MHS BH #18 and powdercoating the ringed area in brilliant brass to get a fairly close approximation of the Darth Revan emitter.