Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: My 1st MHS saber -Raxxis Prime Starkiller with Igniter R-2

Nice! I dying for a Starkiller for my collection!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthAlice View Post
    I just changed a few fonts and did a couple of small changes to my starkiller, I added the font "Electrum" it's very loud and sithy, also I mixed on my Igniter a purple blade that isnt doing the seperation that some have experienced using R and B in series with an LEDengin,. And finally a kill key from Force relics in brass that immediately got hit with weathering solution
    For aging on aluminum I have been using a caustic soda solution to literally "eat away" the metal and create a pitted look that takes paint or birchwood caseys aluma black very well.
    Go to the local hardware store and buy a bottle of drain cleaner (lye). take your saber completely apart, cover up the threads with electrical tape (I use rubber stoppers to seal the ends) dip the saber in the solution for 12 hours (or until the metal is pitted to your liking) you have to be careful with this stuff (ever see that scene in fight club about chemical burns???....same stuff) also it will change tolerances ( i now do machining after the solution bath if I can help it).

Quote Originally Posted by neverwayne View Post
    Nice! I dying for a Starkiller for my collection!
    Awesome!, I just started building another one, thats going to have a few neat tricks including a 5MW red laser driving a Lemurian crystal chamber, and a lit up exotic red-crystal graflex eye( I'll start a thread soon, its 80% machined!)

where did you find the blue print?
    With us, you are ruler of all the Sith, answerable only to the Emperor himself
    ―Darth Marr to Darth Nox

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMarr View Post
    where did you find the blue print?
    Do you mean for the front emmiter? If so follow this link ;http://www.hu.u-net.com/graflica/home.htm
    I built another one in the meantime...teaser pic
    Version 1.2 with 4 rods inside of the chamber, this i built from scratch

Quote Originally Posted by DarthAlice View Post
    Do you mean for the front emmiter? If so follow this link ;http://www.hu.u-net.com/graflica/home.htm
    I built another one in the meantime...teaser pic
    Version 1.2 with 4 rods inside of the chamber, this i built from scratch

thank you this will help me alot
    With us, you are ruler of all the Sith, answerable only to the Emperor himself
    ―Darth Marr to Darth Nox