Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My 1st MHS saber -Raxxis Prime Starkiller with Igniter R-2

Default My 1st MHS saber -Raxxis Prime Starkiller with Igniter R-2

I started working on this saber back in early March, With the MHS configurator it was easy to lay-out a design that would fill my want of a TFU1 Starkiller, I call this the Raxxis-Prime Edition due to the caustic acid etch/aging on the hilt, & more traditional materials for an authentic old world built weapon. Thanks to TCSS again for having so many parts to pick from! & here is the inspiration shot from the Lightsaber modification menu, in the game you come across various colored holocrons including saber crystals that change blade color & offensive/defensive abilities.
    My version finished! & here is the 1st vid I made showing the font set-ups, I plan on getting a better video showing the whole saber being demonstrated soon...Thanks for looking!
    http://youtu.be/hlkSB62kwwY

Very cool saber! I love it. You did a fantastic job replicating the Starkiller. The crystal chamber is awesome. Plus, I just realized your from Michigan and got the crystal in Waterford. I grew up in Pontiac, right off Baldwin across from the old Fiero plant! So being a Michigan based saber close to my old hometown makes it even cooler!

Great work and Weathering

Quote Originally Posted by directorcass View Post
    Very cool saber! I love it. You did a fantastic job replicating the Starkiller. The crystal chamber is awesome. Plus, I just realized your from Michigan and got the crystal in Waterford. I grew up in Pontiac, right off Baldwin across from the old Fiero plant! So being a Michigan based saber close to my old hometown makes it even cooler!
    Thanks for the compliment & yes I remember as a kid seeing that plant pumping out plastic cars & my Dad working not far from there at Truck & Bus, so yes the old stomping grounds. I find it strange though that there are very few saber enthusiasts in michigan & people seem to be amazed when they see one that shows up at a party, or seeing my brother-law (techy) trip out & be mesmerized by my saber.

What a wonderful saber! And much work evident in its creation! TCSS is wonderful for all the options it gives you, and this forum compliments those many options, and the inevitable questions and creations that come from such variety. Wonderful to see yours, hope more pics follow!

Ha, I happen to have one of those "plastic cars". I also worked at Truck and Bus in Pontiac. I was at the Engineering Division on South Blvd.

At any rate, Fantastic saber!!!!!!!

Yep , the insiders told me they quit making the Fiero, due to the GT models competing with Camaro & Firebird sales. They were working on a small v-8 model until the the Corvette team got wind of it & after much bickering the Fiero was no more.... Nice example you have there, reminds of an old neighbor of mine that shoe-horned a 400 pontiac motor with a front wheel drive Riviera trans (that car was scary!!!!) Yep I'm from a long line of gear heads & my family goes back to my Grand Dad building GM's just back from WW2, & again Thanks for the compliments gentlemen, now I can finish a couple of other projects that have been getting neglected

O.K. last comment and then back on topic afterwards. My neighbor, John Bond, worked in the Pontiac building on the Fiero Development Team. He brought home that V8 powered Fiero, it was gold at the time. He also told me about what the next Gen. Fiero would have looked like and how it would have performend. Yes, Chevy controlled the check book back then. Chevy got scared at the prospect of a car performing as good as the Vette at half the cost.

Alrighty then. How do you like the Igniter R2 soundboard? I have had mine for about two months and really like it.

Actually The Igniter is awesome!!! I was going to hold out for a CF6, & started building sabers last fall, for the longest there were no boards available & then I saw the Igniter & worked it into the build, the coolest thing I noticed is that you can get a continuous string of blaster blocks after hitting the aux. button. I also have been hoping to see the font "ancient saber" come available for the Igniter,,, love that font, Oh yeah, I just did some math....your another one of us old guys playing with expensive flash-lights!
    here is a couple of during construction shots, alot of this stuff I didnt plan (engineering on the go!) the sd card slips out of the front chassis disc through a milled slot, you just unscrew the front section & pull it back an inch or so
    This is a blue-print I found for a Graflex/reflex front section
    Last edited by DarthAlice; 06-20-2012 at 06:48 PM.

This is a gorgeous Starkiller. How are you liking your Igniter board?