Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: JediMasterTim's Wiring Diagram

Quote Originally Posted by JediMasterTim View Post
    would this work? USB Charger
    Depending on whether your pack is 3.7v or 7.4v, that USB charger is a little too high or a little too low (5v). Best to get the li-ion smart charger.

Also, FYI, a port wired up with jst connectors. I realize it's a bit late but I thought a photo of one would be more helpful than diagrams. (except the penciled in schematic that sloth provided)(which was really cool)

Last edited by Kevin Starwaster; 06-22-2012 at 02:25 PM.
    The lightsaber hilt is capable of producing a blade of pure energy. The lightsaber hilt has proven to be completely safe. The saber blade however has not. Do not touch the operational end of the saber blade. Do not look directly at the operational end of the saber blade. Do not immerse the saber blade into your flesh, not even partially.

ahh, I see.
    and what if I found a 7.4 usb charger?
    Last edited by JediMasterTim; 06-22-2012 at 03:59 PM.

I think you may be barking up a wrong tree looking at USB solutions to charge your batteries. BTW, you haven't identifeid what batteries you will be using, that information would help lead you in the right direction. And you really can't go wrong by choosing a charger from the shop, it's why they are there, because they work well for the application.
    Last edited by DarkarNights; 06-23-2012 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JediMasterTim View Post
    ahh, I see.
    and what if I found a 7.4 usb charger?
    USB only provides 5v at 500-900 mA.

Get one of the chargers in the shop and don't look for cheaper shortcuts.
    The lightsaber hilt is capable of producing a blade of pure energy. The lightsaber hilt has proven to be completely safe. The saber blade however has not. Do not touch the operational end of the saber blade. Do not look directly at the operational end of the saber blade. Do not immerse the saber blade into your flesh, not even partially.

Hey Tim, if you read this I think it would be a great idea if that hand drawn picture of the recharge port that SlothFurnace posted on the first page was put up in the store page of the recharge port so all the newbies shopping for it will know how to wire it. SlothFurnace did a great job with that picture.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkarNights View Post
    I think you may be barking up a wrong tree looking at USB solutions to charge your batteries. BTW, you haven't identifeid what batteries you will be using, that information would help lead you in the right direction. And you really can't go wrong by choosing a charger from the shop, it's why they are there, because they work well for the application.
    yea, I'm thinkin so. I'm going for a 7.4 mainly cause I want a longer operation(I'll be using this for my films) so imma buy the smart charger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Starwaster View Post
    USB only provides 5v at 500-900 mA.

Get one of the chargers in the shop and don't look for cheaper shortcuts.
    :P ok, ok. lol my mom is a tightwad, guess she rubbed off on me a little.
    Hey Tim, if you read this I think it would be a great idea if that hand drawn picture of the recharge port that SlothFurnace posted on the first page was put up in the store page of the recharge port so all the newbies shopping for it will know how to wire it. SlothFurnace did a great job with that picture.
    I like that idea. just a picture of the power jack and words saying what to do don't really cut it. I vote for them to do that!

EDIT: You're not talking to me are you? lol O.O
    Last edited by JediMasterTim; 06-23-2012 at 01:02 PM.

Lol, I meant Tim the shop owner.

Lol, I meant Tim the shop owner.
    lol I'm gonna get so much mileage out of this. lol

Quote Originally Posted by slothfurnace View Post
    Nope.

You aren't gettng the switching with that diagram.

If you hook up your power supply to the recharge port, you're gonna fry your electronics with it like that.

Here's a quick sketch of what it should be...

How it would be if there is no electronics? I have a battery pack (3 li-ion in series, 2300mah each) and a 12 volt charger that gives 850ma, can I connect it to the battery directly to charge?