Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: JediMasterTim's Wiring Diagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrs1 View Post
    Yup thats it
    Lawrs!!! there you are!! thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by JediMasterTim View Post
    I'm sorry sloth, please don't get frustrated, this is the very first time I've messed with any electronics... that said, Like this?

I am not frustrated, I was just making sure you could see the image.

I think you have it now, that should work.

MAKE SURE YOU SOLDER TO THE CORRECT LEADS ON THE JACK. That part is pivotal and crucial. Just follow that photo from the plecter site that I linked. Or my drawing, whichever is clearer.

CordaroyFog: you know, its really mean to set the bar that high.

Quote Originally Posted by slothfurnace View Post
    I am not frustrated, I was just making sure you could see the image.

I think you have it now, that should work.

MAKE SURE YOU SOLDER TO THE CORRECT LEADS ON THE JACK. That part is pivotal and crucial. Just follow that photo from the plecter site that I linked. Or my drawing, whichever is clearer.
    yes, I could see the image, I just wasn't getting what it wanted me to get. lol thanks for y'all's help, it has been much appreciated and has probably saved me more money than I know. lol

Make sure you orientate the jack exactly like the picture, with the middle prong on bottom, this must be battery negative. The right hand prong must be the positive for both battery and electronics. The left hand prong must be electronics negative. This propper orientation is critical to getting this set up correctly. The way you keep drawing your diagram you can't tell if you middle prong is facing the bottom or the top, and makes it look to me like you are wiring it backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkarNights View Post
    Make sure you orientate the jack exactly like the picture, with the middle prong on bottom, this must be battery negative. The right hand prong must be the positive for both battery and electronics. The left hand prong must be electronics negative. This propper orientation is critical to getting this set up correctly. The way you keep drawing your diagram you can't tell if you middle prong is facing the bottom or the top, and makes it look to me like you are wiring it backwards.
    thanks, I'll make sure I wire it that way.

EDIT: so for any more electronics, I keep the current flowing in a loop, with the negative of any electronics ahead of the recharge port flowing back to electronics negative, right?
    Last edited by JediMasterTim; 06-20-2012 at 07:08 PM.

Correct.

ok, cool. now for the charger, is there some special charger I have to but from radio shack that plugs into an outlet?

Whatever is appropriate for the item. There are specific Nimh and Li ion chargers with specific voltages. Match your type and voltage and you should be good.

Many people use the "Smart Charger" sold at this store.