Thread: LedEngin 5 Watts

Default LedEngin 5 Watts

Just wondering what the general saber builders think about 5 watt LedEngin stars. I didn't seem to find too much info here about them, the LedEngin thread is pretty much geared to the multi-die 10 watts. I plan on replacing 4 sabers worth (20 MHS modules) of LED modules (Red, blue, green, white, amber, a good mix of P4's and Rebels)

I'm currently running 3 of the sabers off of 1000ma buckpucks, and one with a PC 2.0, and I plan to run the LedEngins generally at 1500ma. (Out with the old, in with the new kinda thing)

I was wondering, if anyone has experience soldering these, if the pads are as difficult to solder as the 10 watt versions? I do have a randomsaber, and a RLSA both running lux 5's, are the 5 watt LedEngins visually brighter?

Council Member
    Jedi Master

They're not quite as hard to solder as the 10w's but not as easy as a Seoul or something. They're good LEDs and I find that I like them better than most other solid color LEDs (single die) for overdriving. The LEDengin amber 5 watt is the best for brightness out of all the single die LEDs. Blue is comparable to a P4 but just edges it out at 1500ma. I've always said its hard to beat a P4 blue. Green is brighter, and red is brighter. Never used a LEDengin 5 watt white actually....

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Awesome, thanks that's just what I was wondering. I think I'll keep the P4 blues in then, and upgrade the rest