Thread: LEDengin FOC and or Pex problem

Default LEDengin FOC and or Pex problem

I'm wiring up my first CF 5.8 with the ledengin rggb. I have GG in parallel since this board can do 2 amps, and I'm hoping to use the Red for a yellow FOC. The board is working fine, it fires up, aux switch, clashes work etc. But for some reason the FOC isn't working at all. In the tutorial here on TCSS Vader's Vault shows that he cuts the trace on the pex and uses his own resistor. It looks like something has changed on pex 2.0 - The trace doesn't run all the way through on this, so I didn't cut any of them. I just used the resistor (5ohm 3W : 7.4-2.4=5/1=5) on the posi side of the LED after the pex. My volt meter shows 7 point something coming from the board to the pex, but nothing after. Did I miss something?

Here's a couple of pics.

pex wiring.jpgBoard & pex.jpg

I didn't touch the stock configs, I did open them up to make sure FOC is enabled, and it looks like it is default.

Am I missing something?

it can't work because your flow of electricity is interrupted.
    with the PEX v2 the 2 pads for the resistor are not connected, so to make everything work, put your resistur between those 2 pads and everything should be fine.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

That or just bridge those two pads. Either way. The PEX 2.0s are made to solder SMD (2512 footprint) resistors in that spot, so there is no trace there at all. 2 more minutes and you're in business, don't worry

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Thanks guys, it was pretty late so I just stopped before I broke something and knew you guys could help. Thanks again!