Thread: Chassis Disks and CF?

Default Chassis Disks and CF?

Will the Acrylic Chassis Disc for PC 2.0 and 18500/18650 work with a Crystal Focus 5.1? They look about the same size, but I'd like to be sure.

I have not personally ordered the discs, but I do happen to have a PC 2.0 and a CF 5.1. They are both the same width board. The CF is slightly longer, but as length isn't the issue I would say yes. Worst case you may have to sand the disc ever so slightly.

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

In that same vein, has anyone tried, or is aware if the V6 will fit this chassis? I am aware they are the same size as CF 5, but it is the lumps and bumps on the board I wonder about. Look forward to hearing of someone using these with such equipment.

As soon as my 6.1 arrives, I'll let you know. I DO know that the 5.X (whatever the most recent one was before the 6.1) fits in the chassis disc designed for the 14500 batteries, because I've got one sitting here all mounted up. It's very, very tight; but it fits, and you don't have to worry about gluing it, or it going anywhere during use.

Oh, and on that note: these new acrylic chassis discs? SHINY!!! I've got the clear ones, and took the time to polish the aluminum all-thread covers to a chrome-like shine as well. Whole thing is just gorgeous. Makes me incredibly sad that this chassis won't be visible from the outside, or quickly and easily removable.
    Last edited by TuxedoCartman; 06-24-2012 at 01:43 AM.
    Boring conversation anyway...

Thanks TC, that is quite informative, re: both the level of finish and fit of the last CV 5.
    Cheers.

Good stuff, anyone know about the 18650 for sure?

I have several of the chassis discs coming from Tim that should arrive next week. Among them are the 18650 style with the board mounts on the top of the batteries. I have a CFv5 here that I can check and confirm the fit with.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Dimensions of V6 did not change, nor did major component layout. However, the daughter board for color mixing would have to go elsewhere.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS