Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jedi Hunter II, The Ryu by LDM

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Smile Jedi Hunter II, The Ryu by LDM

Jedi Hunter II, The Ryu

This saber is named for it's commissioner. He has been bugging me for a clawed saber for a very long time. He is just in love with my Gladius V2 (which is my first Jedi Hunter saber), but I am loathe to part with it for under $xxx so I finally acquiesced to building him one. I made sure to make some personalized adjustments for the Ryu, like the box and the OM pommel. I also went with the 4 claw configuration v. the 3 Claw on GVII. He also chose a red blade which more differentiates the two sabers since GVII has a TruPurple© blade. The Ryu also has the heart of a PC rather than an MR. He had a bit of a unique request on the box configuration. He wanted the port and AV switch there, but he also wanted an RB blinky. So, I had to figure out a place for the Aux. switch. I went ahead and tapped it in just behind the box inside one of the grooves in the ribbed grooved section. Not too much custom machining on this one other than the fully custom BH. It also has a nice 2W speaker in Reverse Sound © orientation. Make sure to watch the cool video...Thanks for looking.

Particulars:
    PC 1.5 w/Darkiban font
    P4 red
    RB blinky
    2w Megabass speaker for Reverse Sound ©
    Red dot AV
    7.2V NiMH w/2.1mm Recharge/kill in box
    Quad baked Enamel Weathering

The BMT:

The Glams:

PC Access:

Link to the whole album (many pix): http://s291.photobucket.com/albums/l...2%20for%20Ryu/
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

very nice mate, i bet the jedi run a mile when they hear this thing ignite. too cool.
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

Now that is a beautiful hilt. Looks mean and wicked too.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Other fabulous weathered saber . I just wonder how does this megabass speaker sound in real life...
    Last edited by Vlad Doon; 10-11-2011 at 02:45 AM.

that weathering job is killer! the saber is killer too. man just too coool!!!!!!!
    ...YUP!

That looks really cool - I like it a lot. I wish there were some current MHS claws available :/
    Yub Yub Commander.

Again!! Fantastic job as usual!! Weather king!!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Thank you everyone for the kind words. @vlad- honestly, it sounds about the same as a Regal to me when used with PC's. the difference is really noticeable when used with a CF.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams

That is really wicked!!!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

I have changed the font. It now debuts Nightstorm's SIthstalker font!!!