Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I need help!

Agreed. and if you REALLY want to go all out do copper.

edit- slip in. but I agree with MC

<center></center>

Yeah, I was just going to have the Mhs to sink tube adapters but I figured it would be better and only abit more to build a full MHS hilt. Its going to be emitter 1, ribbed section, double threaded hilt 1 then pommel 1.

EDIT: Can I cut off the MRFFX saber switch and put on one of Tims?

ti-el that will be a bit long. If you like that cool but there are some other ways to build it with the ribbed section and keep it under a foot.

<center></center>

The other way that is shorter costs even more.

It might cost more, but if your hilt is too long it will be a little harder to swing around. That is if it is a single bladed hilt. If it is a staff saber then you would want it longer. I think you would like a setup like emitter > ribbed section > 2.5" extension > double ended female section > pommel. It will turn out shorter than using the double threaded main section. This is just a suggestion, and the great thing about the MHS is that you can arrange it in so many ways. If you think you would want it your way then go for it.

If you do the emitter style 1 and pommel style 1 then you can slide a sink tube over the middle sections you use and the emitter and pommel will hold the sink tube in place because, they are a little larger in diameter than the main body pieces. Then you could do the cutouts you were wanting and they would show the aluminium main body through them.

I personally like longer hilts. I dont know the wieght of the MHS parts but I might as well try it out, after all its only money.
    And again can i use Tims switches on a MR?

You can use any latching switch you want on a MR, so yes Tim's latching switches would work well.

Enjoy the new build

<center></center>

Ok, I just started trying to rebuild this saber yesterday and Iv just about got it together but I have a quick question. Im using a scratch built blade holder and when its in the hilt and the blade is in it wobbles. I wrapped duct tape around it to make it more of a snug fit but I dont know if I should use something else.

If there's room for duct tape (the handymans secret weapon), then your blade holder is too big. If you can get a proper size I'd recommend it. If you can't - try to find metal tube or pipe that fits over your blade, but inside your blade holder.

MC