Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kast Bavvyk hidden wires crystal chamber chassis build log

Default Kast Bavvyk hidden wires crystal chamber chassis build log

For this build I wanted the layout of the chamber to somewhat follow a linear progression of how a real light saber might function i.e Power source--crystal chamber--energy modulation circuits
    However I didn’t want a bunch of wires running willy-nilly so I decided to make a hidden route for them.

first off the power source. Tim's pommel inserts and some nylon washers constitute the bulk of the chamber construction

A little heat shrink makes the rods more appealing, don't you think?

Square led for the chamber illumination and now we get to the good stuff

A false leg of the chamber supports hides the wires nicely.

A spacer and another modified washer/insert combo and the chamber is complete

This support is removable so I can access the SD card.

Now the speaker and a little rod clean-up. everything bolts together securely

Let's hide some more wires!

I love tubes on my sabers, I think they look cool, this time I wanted to make it a bit more than a superficial add-on so I ran the AV switch wires through it.

Decided to go for one of the new shorter illuminated AV switches, so I had to run some more wires.

30 gauge FTW

Plenty of room in the emitter for blade and main LED wires.

A nice crystal and a rubber grommet.

Ta-da!

Thanks for checking it out.

Very well done! I may have to steal some of your concealment methods for my upcoming build...

Where did you come across the nylon washers and tubes to go over the 4-40 rods?

Quote Originally Posted by 174fps View Post
    Very well done! I may have to steal some of your concealment methods for my upcoming build...

Where did you come across the nylon washers and tubes to go over the 4-40 rods?
    local hardware store, mom and pop type place.

Very nice. I gave this one my vote. I also used heat shrink on my 4-40 rods but the shrink is riding up in places and after awhile it started feeling kinda tacky as I was handling it.

Also, I had been wondering about that tube coming off of the switch... wondering if it was functional or not
    The lightsaber hilt is capable of producing a blade of pure energy. The lightsaber hilt has proven to be completely safe. The saber blade however has not. Do not touch the operational end of the saber blade. Do not look directly at the operational end of the saber blade. Do not immerse the saber blade into your flesh, not even partially.

A great step by step tut. I really like those who take care of details....

Very nice step by step. I do wonder though, will it hold a blade? I mean with the switch being so far up and actually in the BH.
    Yub Yub Commander.

Quote Originally Posted by Knighthammer View Post
    Very nice step by step. I do wonder though, will it hold a blade? I mean with the switch being so far up and actually in the BH.
    It can and it does. Its very secure.

Quote Originally Posted by Knighthammer View Post
    Yeah there's a picture of it in the contest thread with a green blade.
    The lightsaber hilt is capable of producing a blade of pure energy. The lightsaber hilt has proven to be completely safe. The saber blade however has not. Do not touch the operational end of the saber blade. Do not look directly at the operational end of the saber blade. Do not immerse the saber blade into your flesh, not even partially.

Man this is awesome ! I love the cable going from the body to the blade holder with the AV Switch ! Really cool idea
    Proud TCSS Supporter !!!
    SUPPORT YOUR SOUNDSMITHS !!!
    May the Tri-Force be with You !!!

you just gave me some great ideas to rebuild my parks graflex

awesome post, great job

no final photo?