Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Spalletta, a sleek and shiny saber by LDM

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Arrow Spalletta, a sleek and shiny saber by LDM

Spalletta, a CSv1 Saber by LDM

This is another saber that has been sitting in my "to do" box for at least a year. It has been waiting patiently for a good single button soundboard. In my mind, many hilts only have "room" for one switch, or I just feel like I want one switch. This is one such hilt. It's tri-color motif makes me feel happy to have built a shiny saber again. The steel diamond center grip offsets the brass and polished aluminum perfectly to my eye. Many brass and polished aluminum sabers out there, but haven't seen many (if any) with polished steel...especially this diamond pattern. The brass (which is VERY thin) was the missing piece for me and I literally just made that change this week. I also wanted to have a "recessed" AV switch. This one sits below the level of the brass with the top of the button even with the brass overlay. It came out exactly like I envisioned it. The pommel and emitter are modified MHS, but make sure to look carefully at the emitter's asymmetrical crenelated design. It is subtle, but really pops in person. This saber is small (only about 10" long) and has AWESOME resonance. I did machine a PVC speaker/Crystal Pommel module as well and the SD card is accessible easily enough via the free spinning pommel insert. I did add a nice polished D-ring and even though it is the only feature that mars the smooth lines of this hilt, it does seem to fit. Thanks for looking.

Particulars:
    CSv1 with Sekrogues "Duelist"
    3.7V Li-ion
    Custom speaker/Crystal Pommel module
    TruPurple blade w/green (white) FoC
    Easy spin pommel insert
    Recessed AV switch
    Polished D-Ring

The BMT:

The Glams:

Detail and FoC:

All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Love it!

How is the balance on this puppy with the steel grip?

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Ty_Bomber View Post

How is the balance on this puppy with the steel grip?

Right in the middle. This is a GREAT spinning saber.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

as always a really beautiful saber! I especially like the dimond center grip looks amazing!

That kind of light gold pc is great. The grip looks terrific. Amost too beautiful to be used as an off hand.

Looks great - the mix of metals gives it a more natural look (if that makes any sense).
    Yub Yub Commander.

This is epic...another great purple saber! love the hilt and did i mention the purple yeah. anywho... mmmmmmm wouldn't mind this one....but yeah gonna wait for your email on the other matters.
    Last edited by sekrogue1985; 06-11-2012 at 12:06 PM.
    ...YUP!

Yet another great hilt!
    Last edited by stegasp; 06-11-2012 at 02:59 PM. Reason: answered my own question

I concur, great hilt. Is the diamond pattern steel actually cylindrical or is it wrapped?

Jedi Padawan
    Jedi Padawan

Simple, elegant, and beautiful LDM.

Knowledge must be balanced by Practice.
    Practice must be balanced by Experience.
    Through Knowledge, Practice, and Experience
    we gain Wisdom.

-Boj-Vaati Mau
    Jedi Sentinel, Jar'Kai practitioner,
    and Instctor at Strafe Plains Temple

Saber Guild: Strafe Plains Temple
    The Rebel Legion