Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: This will be my first saber build... Hope it is right

Right, if your accent led is the 3.3V 20mA a resistor is not needed to run it off the accent led pad. The board will only have the connector sides that are attached to it, all are female except the speaker which is male. The only thing I noticed missing from your list were additional Chassis Discs to support your Chassis. Just the 2 PC and battery discs will not be enough support as the PC is less than 2 inches long, it would be sturdier with discs at each end as well.

So I get disc 1 with holes to go at the top where the blade holder meets the main body and disc 2 for the pommel end since disc 1 doesn't work with pommels. Does the chassis disc sit against the back of the led holder? I just need to space it so that when both discs are against something so nothing moves inside. I think I have that right.

There is no right or wrong way, you need to figure out what will best work for your particular build. Locking the Chassis in with disc 1 at the top is one way to go, you have to ask yourself if you do it that way how will it affect your ability to access your electronics quickly. Every design has different needs, and you probably won't have a clear picture of what you need to do until you have every part in from of you. I spent about 6 hours the other day just messing around the Chassis parts for my build unroll I found a configuration that didn't produce conflicts with other parts. If you are putting your speaker in the Pommel end you won't want a disk blocking where it goes too, so think about that. If you are attaching your speaker holder to the chassis then you may not need a disk there. You should sketch out some pictures of how you incision everything going together.